Media Dock questions

Reaction score
1- When you take the phone out of the dock after being in there all night why doesnt it make me use the unlock pattern? Its not locked. Thats bother me. Is there a way to lock it?

2- Is there a way to lock it while sitting in the dock period? But still show the time.

3- I feel the dock should have a night mode where it could turn off all alerts for text,email and lower the ringer to a low setting. the reason I say this is I forget to turn on/off notifications on a email,text my phone is buzzing or droiding LOUD all night.

What is the easiest way to not have this happen? Do most people turn off the notifications for text,emails so they dont hear that?

thanks

myriad46

Reaction score
The best way, I have found to do this is with a sound profile app, that allows you to set conditions based on the day and time. I have been ahppy with Timerrific.

Individually set all your volumes from 0 - 100%, set the ringer on/off and you could conceivably have a different profile for every day.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1- When you take the phone out of the dock after being in there all night why doesnt it make me use the unlock pattern? Its not locked. Thats bother me. Is there a way to lock it?

2- Is there a way to lock it while sitting in the dock period? But still show the time.

3- I feel the dock should have a night mode where it could turn off all alerts for text,email and lower the ringer to a low setting. the reason I say this is I forget to turn on/off notifications on a email,text my phone is buzzing or droiding LOUD all night.

What is the easiest way to not have this happen? Do most people turn off the notifications for text,emails so they dont hear that?

thanks
I use my Droid for the alarm clock feature. I use a program called Timerrific, and at a certain time every night I turn all sounds off, turn off vibrate and turn off WiFi. Then in the morning I have it set to turn on again, then set it to go silent again while at work, and back to sounds after work. It's a really cool program and could help you out.

My major complaint about the Multimedia Dock at night is the bottom buttons stay lit all night.

OP
S
Reaction score
This is great I am all over timerrific!! Why isnt this Sh--T built into the phone by default. Its not right.

Also does yours lock when in dock or when you take it out of the dock?

My phone locks when I put it down for 2 seconds but all night in the dock it doesnt lock.

Strange.

thanks for the help!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is great I am all over timerrific!! Why isnt this Sh--T built into the phone by default. Its not right.

Also does yours lock when in dock or when you take it out of the dock?

My phone locks when I put it down for 2 seconds but all night in the dock it doesnt lock.

Strange.

thanks for the help!
Mine is set up that when plugged into USB it does not lock. Timerriffic is one of my must have apps on my phone. It works great too.

OP
S
Reaction score
IS there a way to set it to lock when in dock/ i could have sworn the first night or o i owuld have to use the unclock screen right after taking out of the dock.

thanks for the help

ggp

Reaction score
mine also doesn't lock... I guess they're thinking no one's going to mess with your phone while it's in your bedroom?

but thanks for posting this... I didn't know about Timerriffic, but I'm going to try it now!

OP
S
Reaction score
mine also doesn't lock... I guess they're thinking no one's going to mess with your phone while it's in your bedroom?

but thanks for posting this... I didn't know about Timerriffic, but I'm going to try it now!

Yeah but if you use it on a desk that people walk by it should lock :(

Also I can find timerrific on the market it doesnt come up. how do you spell it?
thanks

ggp

Reaction score
agreed about using the dock at your desk.

I also can't find the app... I searched just under "timer" with no luck. Hopefully one of the previous posters will help us!

mwheat

Reaction score
Ditto.... I can't find it either.

Update: Got it.... Looks cool!

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found it - timeriffic - only one "r"
Sorry, my bad, I meant to spell it timeriffic......and at work I wasn't able to reply before you corrected me. I'm curious of those who downloaded timeriffic, is it what you thought it would be? For me, it's a must have application and works well. The author seems to keep it updated too.