Freaking Out; Getting D2G replacement

everstar80

Reaction score
Okay here's where I'm freaking out. I've had the unrooted droid2 global for less than two months and the phone has gotten so hotthat I can barely hold it and having Rheumatoid/Osteoarthritis at 30yrs old makes it hard to handle when its that hot about 108 degrees or hotter. Also when it gets this hot it messes with the screen brightness and becomes ultra bright to the point that I can't see the screen at all and the charger has stopped working, the actual paint on the physical keyboard is peeling off and I can barely see half the letters and the protective gel skin has peeled off. So I called Verizon was on the phone for two hours but they gave me 150 extra minutes because they bounced me back and forth from Asurion and vzw so the reps were all nice and understanding. But what I'm even more concerned about is the replacement phone that I get. The rep said it would have a new battery and charger but probably wouldn't be brand new. I've heard and read the horror stories about replacement phones and having to continue to get replacements over and over. So has anyone gotten a replacement for this device? Did anyone have alot of replacement nightmares or was it fine after you got the replacement? Sorry for the long post but did I do the right thing, or should I expect to go through replacement hell? Any advice greatly appreciated.

OP
E

everstar80

Reaction score
I paid full retail, so I wanted to make sure that it at least doesn't have alot of problems on it, I should receive it Tuesday.

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the replacements to me, iv had 4 before and the phone are practically brand new or just brand new. They have no scratches no problems at all. And if they do jus go to your local verzion store or call them and have them send you antoher because you didn't do anything to the phone its just the way u received it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

tebower

Reaction score
Yeah, replacements are fine. If it sucks, as the previous poster said, take it to a store and say why you are unhappy with it. Maybe they will trade it again.

robotsandwrestlers

Reaction score
I've had a few replacements. One had hardware problems and they replaced it. Nothing to worry about.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
One problem I had wit ha replacement was a battery issue when it was charged 100% and the charger was still plugged in, and there was a dead pixel on the screen. I sent that for a replacement and the phone I got (and am currently using) also has a dead pixel. I didnt feel like sending in for another replacement so I just dealt with the dead pixel.

However, the phones I got were all new and not refurbs, so as you can see even new phones can have problems.

Scan1on

Reaction score
paid full retail? good god man... what was that, 650$?

damn you and your expendable income :p