foxfi

GoBears

Reaction score
Works great on mine, but another user reported it did not work for her. I'm on CleanRom 2.5 btw which is a G7 based rom.

Semaj

Reaction score
I'm a little confused on why FoxFi is needed on the S3 vs the Hot Spot already on the phone

GoBears

Reaction score
I use foxfi because I'm on unlimited data and tethering is not allowed for me, so I don't dare use the built in app...just in case.

Semaj

Reaction score
So if you're on a share plan you can use the built in Hot Spot (cuz your using your data on your plan) vs paying the $20 per month extra if your on unlimited?

GoBears

Reaction score
Yup. I think if Big Red catches you tethering they auto add the tether plan to your account and/or will cancel your account if you don't sign a new tiered data contract. Either way for how little I actually use it, I figure Foxfi is safer.

chris215

Reaction score
It works for me on S3 and works for my daughter on the Maxx. A couple times it did fail to initiate but a restart fixed it.

BrendonSF

Reaction score
It's strange how it works for some, and not for others. This is from the FoxFi site: "*Support for the new Galaxy S3 and the new ICS update for Epic Touch are being worked on. Should be compatible soon in a future update."

FoxFi Installer

jimmysif88

Reaction score
Does anyone know if foxfi will link up a r
azor Max with a d3 using Bluetooth.

D3 is a previous phone the Max is the new phone with an active data plan.

Going on a road trip and really want the kids to have an internet connection.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

huskur

Reaction score
No need to use the bluetooth option. Just turn on Foxfi and find the wifi connection with the D3. It will work just like using a wifi tablet in a coffee shop