Fox News App

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First I am not posting this wanting to get flamed and such so please do not post anything political. I am not asking for peoples views of the app or anything. I have this app on my OG D and it works just fine but I think it might need to be updated, but when I upgraded to my TB I get nothing but force closures everytime I open it. Anyone else get this? In the market I see there are a lot of other TB owners are getting the same thing. Just curious as to why I would get a FC on my TB but not my OG D?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Never used the app.

Have you emailed the dev?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
First I am not posting this wanting to get flamed and such so please do not post anything political. I am not asking for peoples views of the app or anything. I have this app on my OG D and it works just fine but I think it might need to be updated, but when I upgraded to my TB I get nothing but force closures everytime I open it. Anyone else get this? In the market I see there are a lot of other TB owners are getting the same thing. Just curious as to why I would get a FC on my TB but not my OG D?

Because of fragmentation. Email the dev, and see what he can do for you.

OP
ukyfan

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never used the app.

Have you emailed the dev?

Because of fragmentation. Email the dev, and see what he can do for you.
I haven't yet, but will. But what do you mean by fragmentation?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i was just answering your question why it works on the D1 but not the TB. Android devs have to support several different hardware configurations and OS versions so all apps won't work for each device the same way. luckily for us, android devs are cool people and if you let them know about it, they'll almost always fix it. I'm sure what's happening here is just a fragmentation issue

PhilD

Reaction score
I have that app on my Droid X but hardly ever use it anymore. I can't remember ever having a force close with it, but I do think its slower than just accessing their web site using a browser (I like xscope). I also use scrollable news widget to access Fox (and other) news feeds right on my home screen so I can quickly check the headlines whenever I want.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I've emailed the developer about it twice now and have gotten no response. It's weird, because fox business works fine...

OP
ukyfan

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I sent something the other day, and I still haven't heard anything either. Might try again later, but from the looks of it I am not sure how things are going to turn out.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really tried to like the app before but it was so badly designed... had a ton of issues. I'll have to check it out now that its updated

sent from my ZombieStomped X