Foursquare Updated To V2

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
fors.jpg

Forsquare is a very popular geotagging application and as it grows they need to keep their applications up to date, and thats just what they did. Just three days ago released V2 of their android application for all you F-square lovers to rejoice. This new version comes with To-does and Tips in two different locations, and also brought the fun online.

As we teased last week, changes were coming to Android. Today they’re here, with the launch of v. 2.0, the foursquare app becomes a more powerful tool for sharing and discovery.

The first thing you’ll notice is that the whole experience has been cleaned up, with the new foursquare app clearly geared towards collecting and communicating your real-world experiences. Tips and To-Dos are now out in the open, making it easy to share and plan your outings. And there are call-outs to them throughout the app, like when you check into a restaurant where your friend has left a tip.

Now are there any F-square users in our forum?

News via: BGR

search-qpname-com.joelapenna.png

Drugfreedave

Reaction score
I Am!

Unfortunately, on my Droid incredible, after the update I no longer get points for checking in anywhere. It's really ruining my foursquare experience...

New places, the same old places..nothing. I haven't gotten a badge since either.
But as usual, it seems I'm the only person its happening to.

SocalMike

Reaction score
on foursquare

just updated to the new version looks better i hope it is better

Gremlin

Reaction score
dumb question... How do you check for the version # :p

Dankinia

Reaction score
I have been using Foursquare for awhile. I will have to check out the new version.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is that some sort of facebook thing? I see people tweeting sometimes about it.

ras0787

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they did away with the points system. Also my phone now requires GPS to find nearby places. This is stupid because my GPS doesn't work so well inside. So if my GPS isn't working, I can't check in places

Bailers

Reaction score
It's alot faster, but the location finding seems to be worse now than before.

My fix is just to search for the location I'm in, it usually does a good job of finding the place I've just walked into. Last night I searched for the Olive Garden I was eating in, and it popped up right away. Even though it listed me as 250 yards away, still let me check in.

y0manda

Reaction score
Is this for those who don't know what to do? So they seek internet advise based on your location. crap..

greg9719

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with it not sharing with facebook? It asks me everytime and its always checked but never does.

Eitel

Reaction score
I'm starting to get tired of Foursquare. Every single night after around 6pm, all I get is "can't connect to server, overcapacity" errors.

snojerk321

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with it not sharing with facebook? It asks me everytime and its always checked but never does.

I have been having the same problems since the update a few days ago. I have tried severing my connection with facebook and twitter then reconnecting like a lot of the forums say......that did nothing, any updates on this??