Found a Droid X

ricks

Reaction score
Dont give it to Verizon, just call someone in the contact list and find who the owner is and contact them to get it back.

Daali

Reaction score
I wouldn't want someone just leaving my phone at verizon, and hopefully verizon won't give info out to strangers wether you have the esp or not...

I would go to verizon, and have them contact the owner in front of me, and I would speak to the owner over the phone. Then I would leave it with verizon once I knew someone knew their phone was returned and where it was at. I guess I don't trust anyone else to do the right thing....well actually, "I trust everyone. It's the devil inside of them I don't trust!"

+1 on this as well. This is exactly what I would do.

tktouch12

Reaction score
I wouldn't want someone just leaving my phone at verizon, and hopefully verizon won't give info out to strangers wether you have the esp or not...

I would go to verizon, and have them contact the owner in front of me, and I would speak to the owner over the phone. Then I would leave it with verizon once I knew someone knew their phone was returned and where it was at. I guess I don't trust anyone else to do the right thing....well actually, "I trust everyone. It's the devil inside of them I don't trust!"

+1 on this as well. This is exactly what I would do.

+2 just to make sure

Big_Ron

Reaction score
This is a funny story. I used to live in japan and my wife found a iphone, she took it to soft bank witch is the only provider on base witch is were it was found and asked to return it. They took the phone an deactivated it and handed it back. We then e-mailed apple with the phone s/n and never got a reply. Try to return it carma sucks. I do still have the jail broke iPhone and used it for mounths
I HATE THE iPhone and im do glade I have a DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Se7enLC

Reaction score
They took the phone an deactivated it and handed it back. We then e-mailed apple with the phone s/n and never got a reply.

There was a bunch of news stories awhile back about that. Apple has information on everyone that uses iTunes, which is effectively almost 100% of all iPods and iPhones. They could easily record the S/N when you try to connect using the device and use that as a way of disabling stolen/lost devices (or at least preventing them from ever connecting to the iTunes store, which would do a lot to help lower the street value of a stolen device).

I think it was Dateline did a special where they tried to return a device to apple, and they couldn't get the apple stores to tell them the owner OR make any attempt to contact them, even though they had the information. If Apple wanted to, they could easily provide that service of at least allowing you to try to return a found device to its owner. The deactivating stolen devices feature would take a bit more overhead, since they would have to maintain a database of all owners and have some trusted method of updating it, otherwise the secondhand market for the devices would be killed. But with iPhones (and all other cell phones), they have NO EXCUSE. You have to sign a contract and provide a social security number to activate a phone these days, so they DEFINITELY know who you are. Found devices should be easy to return to the owner, and the providers and manufacturers should be helping.

bsc504

Reaction score
Its mine... send it to me right away, thx. ;)

Were you going to call his cell number when you searched his contacts? :icon_ goofy: