Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm paying $85-90 now for 5GB with VZW. We've got a baby on the way, so if this works just as well, I'm jumping ship for sure. Every little bit counts.

The wife's mom keeps her & her sister on her family plan as a gift, so it's just me. Family plan users may have a different experience.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Yes it is really tempting for me.... I see I can even get an iPhone 5s for $200. Give me a chance to freshen up on iOs and try ST... We have 18GB for 3 lines but never go over about 10 per month. So this plan would give me a full 10 for myself....

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
What about mighty text? You put your number in the application.

I use it to text from my tablet.
I'm not sure this will work. Tablet version isn't compatible with my 6p & the phone version won't go any farther than telling me where to go to get the PC or tablet version on either phone...

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Aha! Got it! Message+ didn't work either.

MySMS, on the other hand, has the solution. Install one app on the source phone, then there's a mirror app. Install that on the second phone & they sync.

Costs $9.99/year, but there's a 14-day free trial. So, I've got 2 weeks to decide if I'm switching so I don't have to waste 10 bucks.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Pretty darn slick!
a296323eddd1337c4c2415ec78b44e8d.jpg

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Had a friend on Facebook tell me she had horrible coverage out of town with ST, so I think I'm gonna take the wife down to Green Bay (1.5-2 hour drive) this weekend for a day trip & to see for myself.

If it won't work on that little trip, can't assume it'll work between here & Kansas when we visit family once a year & I won't be switching.

Though we don't go out of town often, I want to know my phone will at least work everywhere that I'm used to being able to use it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Thought ST used vzw coverage?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thought ST used vzw coverage?
They use either, but I actually got the impression today that they prefer GSM. I even stumbled across articles about when they finally started accepting VZW devices.

You can buy the $60 kit that comes with the $45 5GB plan & sim cards for AT&T, T-mo, Sprint, & VZW.

I had to laugh when she bragge about her phone. I suggested that if she bought it from ST, it was likely that it was using the AT&T network. She says to me she didn't buy it from ST. She got it from Wal-Mart and it wasn't cheap. Lmao. I informed her that it was mid-tier at best, not top tier like my phone unless she paid 6-700 for it. She paid 300. I'm assuming it was an S2 or similar.

I know for a fact that I get WAY better reception on my 6p than the s3, so I'm hopeful that I won't have the issues she had.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They use either, but I actually got the impression today that they prefer GSM. I even stumbled across articles about when they finally started accepting VZW devices.

You can buy the $60 kit that comes with the $45 5GB plan & sim cards for AT&T, T-mo, Sprint, & VZW.

I had to laugh when she bragge about her phone. I suggested that if she bought it from ST, it was likely that it was using the AT&T network. She says to me she didn't buy it from ST. She got it from Wal-Mart and it wasn't cheap. Lmao. I informed her that it was mid-tier at best, not top tier like my phone unless she paid 6-700 for it. She paid 300. I'm assuming it was an S2 or similar.

I know for a fact that I get WAY better reception on my 6p than the s3, so I'm hopeful that I won't have the issues she had.

Any updates on this? I have quite a few customers who travel up that way and want to do ST.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Any updates on this? I have quite a few customers who travel up that way and want to do ST.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Seems to have at least worked where my wife's VZW note 4 worked, even in an area where VZW has an agreement with CellCom.