Forum intro

medickayaker

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just switched from Blackberry Storm to Droid 2. Droid 2 definitely has some advantages over Blackberry, although I like the way the Storm handled email better. That said, the Droid 2 is hands down better in surfing and way faster.

Kevin

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just switched from Blackberry Storm to Droid 2. Droid 2 definitely has some advantages over Blackberry, although I like the way the Storm handled email better. That said, the Droid 2 is hands down better in surfing and way faster.

Kevin

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. There isn't a reason why Droid shouldn't handle mail as well as a Blackberry. Have you tried the K9 app or Touchdown?
These apps often assist in issues with email. Available in the Market.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us. There are other email apps, available in the market, you may want to consider. K9 (free) and Touchdown.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
medickayaker

medickayaker

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply...I am not unhappy with the email app that came with the Droid. It's just taking some getting use to. For instance, when I opened an email on the Storm and then deleted it, I had an option to delete only from the device or delete from the device and the system. The Droid deletes from all without giving me that option. Also, the Storm automatically spell checked all of my messaging and with the Droid I found an app that allows me to compose messages, then spell check, then send...not allowing me to do a quick reply in email or text without first using this app. No big deal, just taking time getting use to the differences.

Although, there is one annoyance that's driving me crazy. I have searched the forums and can not find a fix. It's regarding wallpaper and the Droid 2. As you know, the Droid 2 has 7 home screens and I find that the Droid 2 stretches my image across all 7 screens as opposed to showing the same image on each of the 7 screens. I have tried resizing the image in Photoshop CS3 to equal the screen dimensions of 480 x 854 and it doesn't change the way my one image is displayed across all 7 screens. How can I fix this? There must be something that works because the stock wallpapers don't display this way. Do I need to download an app?

Thanks,

Kevin