Forcing websites into mobile mode

jprausch

Reaction score
Hello - is there a way to ensure that websites you visit on the Droid will stay in mobile mode throughout your visit to that site? For example, I go to m.gawker.com, which is formatted for mobile devices, but when I click on most of the stories, they lose the "m." prefix, thereby losing the mobile formatting, even though I know the "m." prefix does apply to its stories.

I checked my settings and both Mobile View and Autofit Pages are checked. Any ideas why clicking around knocks you out of the mobile view? Thanks!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello - is there a way to ensure that websites you visit on the Droid will stay in mobile mode throughout your visit to that site? For example, I go to m.gawker.com, which is formatted for mobile devices, but when I click on most of the stories, they lose the "m." prefix, thereby losing the mobile formatting, even though I know the "m." prefix does apply to its stories.

I checked my settings and both Mobile View and Autofit Pages are checked. Any ideas why clicking around knocks you out of the mobile view? Thanks!

I believe that is a problem with that website. Most sites detect what browser you are using, then redirects you to the mobile version of the site if you are using a mobile browser. It sounds like that site does that to a degree, But then mixes up some of its links.

I am 99.99% sure this is not an issue with your phone nor the browser.