force quit?

korbs

Reaction score
How do I force quit an app? My Moto Droid was unable to successfully install email. I hit CANCEL. It has been canceling for 45 minutes now.

How do I make it stop???

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You can go to settings>applications>manage applications. Then select the application and you'll have an option to force stop.

There are apps like Advance Task Manager which will also work.

I'd also try powering off and back on.

JayMonster

Reaction score
How do I force quit an app? My Moto Droid was unable to successfully install email. I hit CANCEL. It has been canceling for 45 minutes now.

How do I make it stop???

Restart the phone. I have once or twice had installers that did not show as installing completely and "appeared" hung. (Actually it was just the notification that hung up). A quick restart showed that the app had actually installed correctly.

OP
K

korbs

Reaction score
Power off... why didn't I think of that? It worked, all is well.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
aaf709, you give the correct answer and got totally ignored.

Such is life in the forums.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
aaf709, you give the correct answer and got totally ignored.

Such is life in the forums.

At least I had the right answer.

Eh, it's happened before on another forum. There was a post like "I'm a newbie, and what does <blank> mean?" I answered and the next post was from the same poster saying, "Won't someone please help a poor newbie and answer my question?" A moderator then posted, "Look above your last post, it was answered." :biggrin:

Along the lines of a force closure, I have an iPod. Once it froze; no music, display frozen and it wouldn't shut off. I had to go an Apple store and wait for a tech to show me the reboot way of turning it off. Normally that would be solved by simply removing the battery, but nooooo. :blink: