1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

For those who rebooted during "updating media database"

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by kenh79, Oct 23, 2012.

1. kenh79

kenh79 New Member

I found a way to get the gallery to work without having to do a factory restore, I pulled the steps from a motorola xoom, and it worked for me. I did remove all of my mp3s before doing it though:

• Goto Settings->Apps
    • Select ALL apps tab
    • Scroll down "Media Storage" application
    • Select It
    • Stop the Service
    • Select Clear Data
    • Make sure Xoom is not connected to your PC
    • Do full shutdown of your Xoom, then power it back up.
    • Wait 5-10 minutes as content is reindex. As its being reindex it is normal that you won't see anything in your Music player, gallery, or even when connected to your PC.
    • Check your Gallery or Music application to see if content has start to reappear. Don't panic if it hasn't yet. Give it another 5-10 minutes. If it hasn't appeared then try powering off and rebooting Xoom a second time.
    • If content doesn't start showing up after second reboot, Download and run the ScanMedia application from the Android market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dcd.scanmedia
    • Start the reindexing process from the application.
    • Once reindexing is done your content should be visible in Gallery, Music Player, and you should be able to browse SDCard and internal storage from PC again without directory duplication/errors

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/cf07acdc3a
Search tags for this page

android updating media database

droid bionic media storage

updating media database

upgrading media database