For those of you who have tried at least 2 Rom's which is your favorite and why?

zman79

Reaction score
I'm currently using Axiom and I just recently rooted so this is the only Rom I've used. With Th3ory leaving, I'll be looking for a new Rom. What have you all used and why do you like it better than others?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
im currently on that rom as well. probably try aokp next or gummy but hey make a nandroid and you can try any of tehm :biggrin:

Reaction score
Tried,,,,,

1. Android Revolution HD2.1.2,
2. Rootzboat,
3. Wookie 1.1,
4. AOKP toro build 15

By far AOKP the best ROM out there IMOP. It has everything!!! :)

The end, you need to try it yourself!!

mach330

Reaction score
looking to trying aokp as well. i loved my axiom though. Can aokp customize soft buttons too? I really like that.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
looking to trying aokp as well. i loved my axiom though. Can aokp customize soft buttons too? I really like that.

Yes, the most current release includes soft key customization.

~it's not just a phone~

Reaction score
Yep, AOKP 15 comes with color chart for modding the soft keys and hidden soft keys as well.

Other things like changing carrier, clock option, tons of kool stuff.

OP
zman79

zman79

Reaction score
Tried,,,,,

1. Android Revolution HD2.1.2,
2. Rootzboat,
3. Wookie 1.1,
4. AOKP toro build 15

By far AOKP the best ROM out there IMOP. It has everything!!! :)

The end, you need to try it yourself!!

Lol, what is everything?

justinxjx

Reaction score
I started on Fabolous, based on the front page of the forums recommendation. It was pretty good but I had read so many good things about Axiom that I made the switch. Unfortunately, being unsupported I wanted to try something else, so I went to codenameAndroid, but because NFL Mobile did not work with it, I almost immediately switched back to Axiom. Axiom has been the smoothest, and bug free ROM I've used. Its terribly sad that the dev has moved on. Not sure what I will do next. I'm using that franco v12 nightly kernel. Will probably try AOKP next.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've tried:

Android Revolution 2.1.2
GummyNex versions (0.2.3 to 0.4.7)
Axiom 2.3
Codename Android (1.0.1 and 1.1.0)

For me, it's really a toss-up between Gummy and Codename. I gave Gummy about 2 weeks and am giving Codename a fair shake right now. I LOVE all the customizations, speed, and performance with Codename. The recent upgrade makes the phone not sleep until bluetooth is toggled, but it's a small thing and it certainly won't keep me from using the ROM.

duyna

Reaction score
On axiom at the moment have not switch yet because I have no issues a very professional and solid rom

Axiom 2.4 powered apex oc kernel 1.4 G-Nex a great combination

mtnbst

Reaction score
On axiom at the moment have not switch yet because I have no issues a very professional and solid rom

Axiom 2.4 powered apex oc kernel 1.4 G-Nex a great combination

I am running axiom 2.4 with Francos nightly 12.. I'm sticking with this Rom until something as, or more competent comes out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums