Football Fan's Cord Cutting Challenge

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Quick reminder, MNF fans! Tonight’s game can be viewed on your Sling TV devices, except for mobile phones, due to programming rights.
Sling Answers on Twitter

Really?

That's some old.... well you know what it is.

So if you were someone who happened to work tonight looking forward to watching this on your phone via Sling, disappointment will ensue.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Today's games:

49ers I watched the first half at a local sports bar, second half I listened via NFL Gameplan.

Other games I watched via rabbit ears.

swc2001

Reaction score
Hey Guys I need the Texans, Cowboys, and the Aggies
How can I get these?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey Guys I need the Texans, Cowboys, and the Aggies
How can I get these?

I figure you hate all teams from Texas ;).

Texans you can get via NFL Mobile (if you are on Verizon), NFL Gameplay (Audio only), or local sports bar that plays all the games.

Cowboys (Same as above, but being the Cowboys are America's team you are most likely to catch them playing on your local channel over any other team other than the home town team)

Aggies : College games are tough and really all of them are. But with college teams you can sign up for all the networks (ie sec network, college networks, ESPN U, etc) and still not catch enough of your favorite teams play to justify the cost. But unlike the NFL, you can follow your favorite college team via iHeart or Tunein as they are not restricted from steaming live broadcasts.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Watched the niners game via USTVNOW.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to watch online from the computer, yes.

to use it via roku or kodi no.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Watched the niners get embarrassed Thursday via USTVNOW via chromebook before falling asleep.

Watched today's games via rabbit ears and will watch Sunday Night Football via USTVNOW after Im done watching Collider Mail Bag.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The good, bad, and ugly.

If you been following this thread then you may be inches from cutting the cord yourself. But I have to be real about the good times and the bad times.

When it's good I'm watching the game and loving the fact I don't have a cable bill.

But here is the bad, when the company you rely on servers keep crashing. USTVNOW for the past few weeks have been doing a poor job maintaining their servers. Those who do not know what we use ustvnow for, it allows us to watch your basic channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, fox, cw, plus a few other channels like ESPN). I at one point considered dropping sling and just using them but glad I didn't. Sling has been steadily improving and is at what I would say a 70% reliability rate.

Ustvnow is 3 mins behind the action and with their servers seemingly off-line a lot lately makes it a poor buy @ 29.95 per month when sling is 25 and don't have nearly the down time or lack of support.

Hopefully USTVNOW can get their act together. Meanwhile I'll be looking for its replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Why are you paying for network TV? Let alone 30 bucks worth? Have you tried the digital TV antennas?

S5 tap'n

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why are you paying for network TV? Let alone 30 bucks worth? Have you tried the digital TV antennas?

S5 tap'n

Yes but where I am at I am unable to pick up all of my network channels and I have tried several antennas.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My niners are getting harder to watch every week.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk