Focused FAQ/Tutorial, is there one?

antilogic

Reaction score
Does a rubiX Focused tutorial or FAQ exist? I am running stock vzw ROM and thinking about installing rubiX, but am having difficulty sorting through the massive amounts of information on this forum. It's all good stuff, but most of it assumes a certain level of previous knowledge, so it is hard to get up to speed.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

droidxchat

Reaction score
there was a FAQ made a few weeks ago but it unfortunately got kinda drowned out... too many people ignored it and asked the same questions anyway. one of the downsides to rubix growing so popular is that you get a lot of people asking the same questions... but it's like that on any forum and you do what you can i guess

anyway, here is what you asked for:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/97763-faq-rubix-focused-read-before-posting.html

also, if you have a question, you might have some luck finding the thread dedicated to the version you're running and using the search feature for that question. a lot of times its been asked.

if you're looking for instructions on how to install, you should look at the first post of the most recent focused release thread, drod's instructions

Last edited:
Reaction score
there was a FAQ made a few weeks ago but it unfortunately got kinda drowned out... too many people ignored it and asked the same questions anyway. one of the downsides to rubix growing so popular is that you get a lot of people asking the same questions... but it's like that on any forum and you do what you can i guess

anyway, here is what you asked for:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/97763-faq-rubix-focused-read-before-posting.html

also, if you have a question, you might have some luck finding the thread dedicated to the version you're running and using the search feature for that question. a lot of times its been asked.

if you're looking for instructions on how to install, you should look at the first post of the most recent focused release thread, drod's instructions

That FAQ and the thread for the most current version should be a stickie....

sephtin

Reaction score
Does a rubiX Focused tutorial or FAQ exist? I am running stock vzw ROM and thinking about installing rubiX, but am having difficulty sorting through the massive amounts of information on this forum. It's all good stuff, but most of it assumes a certain level of previous knowledge, so it is hard to get up to speed.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

There is an FAQ.. but it's a bit out of date.. I'll see if I can get it stickied, and see if I can get it updated a bit...

The info you're looking for!!!

Install instructions for rubiX Focused is USUALLY in the first post of the thread. Lately, it hasn't been, but if you look at the first post of the 1.8.6 version, install instructions are there.

Before you can install ANY ROM, you'll need:
--root (I think z4root application will do that for pretty much all versions of DroidX installs right now
--The Droid X Bootstrapper app. You can get it from the market, or here:
My Brain Hurts

Once you have those, it's simply a matter of following the install instructions for the ROM you want! :)

If you ahve questions, post them in the thread for the version of the ROM you're trying to install.. and you're sure to get help right away.. don't be intimidated.. everyone's been in your shoes, and is now enjoying being blurless! :)

teh_g

Reaction score
sephtin, how about making a Google Spreadsheet and giving write access to the typical support people here (you, drod, etc) and giving read access to everyone else?

Then we can make a thread where people only ask questions. Then they can be answered by the "smart" people when they have time. It would create a central location for questions and answers I think.

sephtin

Reaction score
sephtin, how about making a Google Spreadsheet and giving write access to the typical support people here (you, drod, etc) and giving read access to everyone else?

Then we can make a thread where people only ask questions. Then they can be answered by the "smart" people when they have time. It would create a central location for questions and answers I think.

What I really want to do.....
Is create a website. :p

One place, everything there.
Forums still active and all that, but can easily point back to a website for resources...
*shrug*... maybe someday!

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I've had the FAQ and the current Focused release stickied

OP
A

antilogic

Reaction score
thanks... exactly what i was looking for. The install instructions should be stickied too :)