FM App

thinkmega

Reaction score
I found FMRadioService.apk and FMRadioService.odex when cleaning up the bloatware. However, it seems there is no sign of "radio" even after I hook up the headphone. What should I do in order to try this fm thing on D3?

Thanks.

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
Thanks for the app.

I plugged in the headphone, the app fired up and stayed "busy". I pulled the headphone out after a minute or two. Is that because the headphone was too weak to feed the signal, or something else?

Thanks.

spunker88

Reaction score
The app can be buggy since it doesn't have official support. Any working pair of headphones should work as its just using the internal wiring (probably the ground wire) as an antenna. You should be able to tune the radio manually as well. What Droid 3 do you have (US, international) and what ROM are you using?

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
The Droid 3 I have is in the US (verizon), rooted stock ROM. It was just hanging in and I couldn't stop it to tune manually. Probably I should forget about it.
Thanks.

The app can be buggy since it doesn't have official support. Any working pair of headphones should work as its just using the internal wiring (probably the ground wire) as an antenna. You should be able to tune the radio manually as well. What Droid 3 do you have (US, international) and what ROM are you using?