FM Radio - what's the real story here?

celtic11

Reaction score
OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
That's odd because it downloaded fine for me and I also have stock rom. Have you still tried to install it anyway? Maybe someone else will provide a download for it if you cant get the one I provided to work. Maybe check your settings and make sure you can download 3rd party software? I don't know.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Great thought...I was really hoping that was it but my box is checked to allow me to download non marketplace aps. It's SO WEIRD! I have no idea why it will not work for me.

The only thing I can think of is that I do have an app in my /system/ap folder called fmradioservice.apk and another file called fmradioservice.odex

These two files are just sitting there. I don't show them in my app gallery and not sure why they are here at all since I have not been able to download anything. The only thing I can think of is that they are leftover from when I flashed to steel droid rom since that had an fm raio app?

At any rate, perhaps these are somehow blocking things??? Do you think I can just blow the two files away and try again?

The weird thing is I tried to install the app from root explorer and get an error :(

EDIT: OK...go to click on the link this morning, downloads and installs fine! JUST BIZZARE! But it seems to be okay. Maybe I'll blow that other one away...not sure what it even is!