FlatPad 10" Android 2.1 Tablet now available in US for $285

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol look at the box guys. It has an ipad iOS interface on it. Im calling shenanigans.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

interesting catch. but if you watch the video, it's running vanilla Android 2.1, not an iOS skin.

Reaction score
It certainly looks like an iPad and lacks the expected Android 4 buttons. It's a very elaborate fake if it is one though.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no interest in EVER getting a pad. I see that people are now buying stands and keyboards for them. Doesn't that make them desktops.

Reaction score
I have no interest in EVER getting a pad. I see that people are now buying stands and keyboards for them. Doesn't that make them desktops.

I am quoting this so you can't edit it when you get one in a years time :):icon_ banana:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think the question of where a tablet fits in the device landscape is a good one. Here's my 2 cents: I had a netbook (Asus 1000HA) for a year and loved it to death. Ultimately, though, I outgrew it. I could deal with the keyboard, but the 1024 x 600 screen drove me crazy (I had to kill all the window-dressing in Firefox) and more importantly, with an Atom CPU it really COULDN'T multiprocess. If I ran Firefox, Word, and Powerpoint (I teach!) at the same time, it just ran too slow.

For me, I know I'd end up wanting to use a tablet in the same way I used my netbook: 2-3 programs at a time, consuming AND producing content. That's the rub...while there's no argument that a tablet is perfect for consuming, I can't imagine that it would do any better a job at creating stuff (e.g., image processing, word processing, etc.) than a netbook.

If you ONLY wanted it for movies, music, games, email....then I could see it making more sense.

-Matt

hart.jordan

Reaction score
Wasn't there just a vid of an unboxing of the "e pad"? I just went to make my coffee and when I came back its now called the flatpad and there's no vid???? Is it just me of did something just change within the last half hour?

DaHarder

Reaction score
Though hardly a supporter of 'resistive' displays, especially on surfaces this large, for a grand total the US $351.58 (with the extended warranty) I just paid, I'm going to try this out and see how it compares to my iPad 64gb/Wifi-3g.

We'll See...

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there just a vid of an unboxing of the "e pad"? I just went to make my coffee and when I came back its now called the flatpad and there's no vid???? Is it just me of did something just change within the last half hour?

it's always been called the FlatPad :)

but the youtube link was broken, it's fixed now

Yodes

Reaction score
Lol look at the box guys. It has an ipad iOS interface on it. Im calling shenanigans.

interesting catch. but if you watch the video, it's running vanilla Android 2.1, not an iOS skin.

Ah I didn't watch the video because I browsed the post first and noticed the box. I do now see it is running android, however something still seems fishy to me that the box would have that on there. Eh whatever i guess. Nice to see a semi-decent (if only it had capacitive not resistive) android tablet.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Ah I didn't watch the video because I browsed the post first and noticed the box. I do now see it is running android, however something still seems fishy to me that the box would have that on there. Eh whatever i guess. Nice to see a semi-decent (if only it had capacitive not resistive) android tablet.

check out the flatcomputing.com official forum: some people already received it... Forum | Flat Computing

hart.jordan

Reaction score
Ah I see, but when he powers it on does it not say epad? I swear I saw that. Also who makes this thing?

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah I see, but when he powers it on does it not say epad? I swear I saw that. Also who makes this thing?

the video shown is the Chinese version, called the ePad. It is manufactured by an unnamed Chinese company, and as seen with the Augen GenTouch, the ePad simply rebranded as the "FlatPad" for an American retailer.