flashlight app?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by thrashtrash, Nov 6, 2009.

1. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    for anybody who bought MotoTorch, listen up....

Alright.... so I have some good news, some bad news, and some OK news.

First, the good news, I have an update ready for MotoTorch. Here are the features I have added:

1. The widget icon will now change depending on whether the LED is on or not.
    2. An application has been added. You can now turn on the LEDs from either the widget or application.
    3. In the application, you can set whether you want the screen to dim or not using a checkbox. This setting will be for the application and the widget.
    4. You can now use the LEDs as a strobe light. There is a configurable field for how long you want the strobe to last(in seconds).
    5. You can now send MORSE CODE. Just type in your "message", hit the button, and watch the dots and dashes go to work.

Now for the bad news. When I created the first version of MotoTorch, I had to create a "keystore" which creates a key to sign an application. Google requires that any application that is added to the Market is signed with a key. Somehow, the "keystore" became corrupted or I forgot the password. Since I had to create a new keystore, the Market would not allow me to "update" MotoTorch because of the different keys. So I had to add the new update as a totally new application.

Now the OK news is that since this is my fault, you shouldn't have to suffer. I am now giving the application away for free.

So for those who want to upgrade, you will need to uninstall the old version, then download the new version.

If you have any problems, let me know. Remember that I am always up for suggestions. You can email me directly from the application's page in the Market. Simply click on the "Send email to developer", choose your email client, then send me the email.

Also, the application name has changed a little. It's now MotoTorch LED. I felt it needed to be named something more descriptive.

#85 eclipsed4utoo, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  2. pope66682

pope66682 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much. Already downloaded. The morse code feature is cool.

3. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will not be charging for MotoTorch LED anymore. I am going to leave it as free.

Though, if you like MotoTorch LED, you could donate toward it's continued development.

Donate With Paypal

#87 eclipsed4utoo, Nov 23, 2009
  4. Luxferro

Luxferro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool thanks a lot :)

I bought the first version, just uninstalled it to get the new one. Works nice so far. I like the option of turning off dim. A couple times with the old version it was bugging out my display, changing my screen timeout - now I can just disable it.

5. Nikous

Nikous New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, I'm from Argentina, and if everything goes smoothly, I'll have my Droid (Milestone here) the next month.

I don't know how the Android Market is going to work in my country, but I really wanna say thanks to the developers, in so little time the growing of this SO is awesome, and all thanks to them. The same for Eclipse.

6. kev83202

kev83202 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the app it works great. I bought the app last night but when I uninstalled today to get the new one it refunded the sale. I'll send some money to your donate link, you deserve something for you time :)

7. synctek

synctek Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The app is cool!!! Can you make the LED as bright as it is when the flash is used???
    That would be sweet - the flash is probably 3 times as bright.

8. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is one thing I am working on. gotta figure out what the camera application does differently.

9. REARless

REARless Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great App. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paypal donation sent.

#93 REARless, Nov 23, 2009
  10. Huma

Huma New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bought the first motoTorch app and I just installed the new one but it doesn't seem to keep the light on when I press the widget. It just flashes on then turns back off.

11. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    did you uninstall the old version? Uninstall both, then download the new one again.

12. Huma

Huma New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did not uninstall the old version yet. I was waiting for after the 24 hour return period to end so the price does not get refunded. I will give it a try later today.

Search tags for this page
best droid flashlight app
best flashlight app for droid
best flashlight app for droid razr

droid flashlight

droid flashlight app

droid x flashlight

flashlight app droid

flashlight app for droid

flashlight for droid
how to download flashlight app for my droid