Flashing the 4.0.4 update zip file..

iOSfails

Reaction score
I'm one click away from unlocking. I know this is all you need to flash the zip.
I just don't know how to flash it! I plan on rooting too.Can I just straight up root it THEN flash the update?
Or am I thinking all wrong here...

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
When you're done rooting just flash the zip file in recovery and you're good to go

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unlock, root, download and open rom manager and flash recovery then boot into recovery and install zip.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You want the full leak or just the radios? There's no custom ROMs for 404 build. I'm on a 403 ROM using the 404 radios

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
If you're looking for pure stock 4.0.4 I recommend checking out THIS one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I flashed back to stock 4.0.2 and re-rooted. And I'm currently downloading that particular ROM since it has the 4.0.4 radios and whatnot.
That link has lots of other cool stuff too. Will I be able to flash themes over that?
Like different animations for the softkeys and a different launcher and such?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I flashed back to stock 4.0.2 and re-rooted. And I'm currently downloading that particular ROM since it has the 4.0.4 radios and whatnot.
That link has lots of other cool stuff too. Will I be able to flash themes over that?
Like different animations for the softkeys and a different launcher and such?

No themes that I know of … 4.0.4 has gotten little love cuz source has yet to he releases. Not sure about softkey mods either. But I am using Nova Launcher Prime on it with Imo's latest lean kernel and have been loving it … grabbed Widgetoid off the market to get the quick settings in my notification bar and I am all set. :D

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
But I am using Nova Launcher Prime on it with Imo's latest lean kernel and have been loving it …

Hm, very well. Guess I'll wait. No problem. But on flashing kernels: Purpose? How to? And should I?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hm, very well. Guess I'll wait. No problem. But on flashing kernels: Purpose? How to? And should I?

Flash in cwm. No wipe needed. They are used to improve performance and battery life.

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Flash in cwm. No wipe needed. They are used to improve performance and battery life.

Easy as that! God, I love this rooting thing. And Android. So what's the best kernel for the ROM mentioned by YankInDaSouth? And where can I get it?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Easy as that! God, I love this rooting thing. And Android. So what's the best kernel for the ROM mentioned by YankInDaSouth? And where can I get it?

I'm using lean kernel on the 4.0.4 ROM he linked you to (I believe that's what he linked to, on my phone right now) and I have outstanding life and performance. You can get it from rootzwiki

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Yea, I've read that the kernel is magnificent for the ROM. But, I can't seem to locate .zip for said kernel.
Help?