Flashed Gingerbread, Recovery is now nonexistent...

EagleStrike

Reaction score
Just to clarify I did install this version here, so I know for a fact I have root because I already restored apps with titanium and such.

I followed every procedure to the book, carefully did everything that P3droid's page instructed.

Installation went well and every looks to be working fine. My only problem is this like the title says. I try to use bootstrap to load into recovery since that syncing logo on the notifications bar is really bugging me! I read that the only remedy was to do a factory reset. only problem is, all I get is a black screen and have to battery pull.

So i tried plan B and tried doing stock recovery using the home button and power button during power up, all that does is strangely bring me into the bootloader.

I can't seem to figure out this problem and would really like to! Moto really straightened up their act and fixed a huge amount of problems with Blur and i'm really liking Gingerbread!

So if anyone knows how to fix this issue would be a major help to me and others who might have this similar problem.

Reaction score
Unless i missed something the new gingerbread hasn't been rooted yet, without root you can't have a custom recovery. You'll need to sbf back to 2.2 and re-root and such

OP
EagleStrike

EagleStrike

Reaction score
It has been rooted, it was released this morning.

This is what I currently have installed.

chefb

Reaction score
If what you flashed was the in unrooted not the rooted version then you have to sbf.

Snow02

Reaction score
Redownload the file and flash it. P3 fixed the recovery.

OP
EagleStrike

EagleStrike

Reaction score
Redownload the file and flash it. P3 fixed the recovery.

Yup, I JUST found that out... Guess people were unlucky with the initial root release and went about scratching their heads like I did.

Problem solved... Just have to redo the whole process again, yay... dancedroid

Reaction score
If we installed the first one, do we have to go back to froyo again or can we just flash the new one?

Snow02

Reaction score
I imagine you can load d2 bootstrap, and just flash the new one over your current. I'm trying it now if you want to wait a few minutes. I'll let you know.

Bulldog60

Reaction score
Did you miss step five?
5. You have to use D2 Bootstrap on Gingerbread, DX bootstrap won't work.

Snow02

Reaction score
Yeah. You can just flash the new one with the fixed recovery over your current. Works fine. No wipe necessary.

OP
EagleStrike

EagleStrike

Reaction score
Did you miss step five?
5. You have to use D2 Bootstrap on Gingerbread, DX bootstrap won't work.

Well that step was not there when I first looked at the page.

Also, i'm not really looking forward to paying another $2 for something that is exactly the same from what I already have.

bL33d

Reaction score
Hope they have Droid x bootstrap working for gingerbread in a week as that's when I should have my Droid x from ebay :p im a sucker for new roms specially gingerbread.

jimisbell

Reaction score
I have found a trick that makes Bootstrap work on my .625 phone.

1) Hold "Home" and press the "on" button to boot
2) When the "M" appears, release the "on" button.
3) When the "triangle with exclamation point" appears, release the "home" button but, DO NOT PRESS "search". It wont work.
4) remove the battery to reset the system
5) replace the battery and WAIT.

It will now boot into the Bootstrap Recovery APP and you will be ready to go.

If you are just trying it out with no intention to go further, press the camera "shutter release" to reboot the system.:icon_ banana: