I recenly upgraded from a D1 to the X. When I first played around with it it was working great. I noticed it had an update to download, so I downloaded it. Then it rebooted. As soon as it rebooted, since I really hadn't customized it too much, I did a factory reset, much like I would my rooted D1 when installing a new ROM. Upon rebooting I redownloaded my apps, and so forth. I was really surprised to read all the Gingerbread problems, as I experienced none. I truly think the key is performing a factory reset after getting the update. In my opinion clearing all previous data minimizes any conflicts or problems some are having. I am certainly not a wealth of technological information, but if you are having GB issues, try performing a factory reset and see if that helps.