Solution For Gingerbread Issues

PARick

Reaction score
I recenly upgraded from a D1 to the X. When I first played around with it it was working great. I noticed it had an update to download, so I downloaded it. Then it rebooted. As soon as it rebooted, since I really hadn't customized it too much, I did a factory reset, much like I would my rooted D1 when installing a new ROM. Upon rebooting I redownloaded my apps, and so forth. I was really surprised to read all the Gingerbread problems, as I experienced none. I truly think the key is performing a factory reset after getting the update. In my opinion clearing all previous data minimizes any conflicts or problems some are having. I am certainly not a wealth of technological information, but if you are having GB issues, try performing a factory reset and see if that helps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This advice has been given frequently. I agree it's definitely worth a try, but this is nothing unusual to see a whole lot of complaints after an update. Happens every time, with every phone.

It really isn't necessity to to a reset for the majority of people. They don't just release an update without testing it first, so while you might see a lot of complaining most people don't have an issue. And if you look at the threads of complaints you'll find many "I don't have that issue" responses.

Natey2

Reaction score
I did a factory reset and apps did not auto-reinstall. App-related data was lost too. Others have reported similar problems on factory reset.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I am using the .596 rooted version and depending on how I do the factory reset my apps will either auto install or I lose most of my app data. If I use clockwork to reset my apps re-download, if I go through the privacy menu I tend to lose a majority of my apps and have to either manually search them out, or the easy method... titanium backup :)

cyclonemick

Reaction score
Sorry if this is completely stupid but how do you do a "Factory Reset"? I asked this question in part of another post but figured I would get better luck here considering you are talking about the very subject! Since Update, phone has been great! Better Battery Life although first couple days sucked! But the only prob I am having is my LED Lights for missed calls! Was hoping maybe a "Factory Reset" would help get them back? "Or is that something that GB just does not have? Thanks for any help you can give! Have searched my phone settings and this site but no one seems to explain "Factory Reset" but they just say do it!

maligirl

Reaction score
Ok. Frat time factory reset worked perfectly...a few auto reboots ( by auto I mean on its own...) then worked good. Had to reload all my apparently, all passwords, etc. Then little things...like my navigation kept saying "searching for gps..." so after a few days trying to fix and fond a solution I decided to reset again. This time all apps came back. Bit navigation still says searching... gps is enabled in all areas that I know to look. To be clear, it worked for a while (4 days??) After first factory reset and then got stuck. Any ideas or do I call VZ and see about replacement of some sort?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
Download "GPS Status" app.
Menu, Tools, Manage A-GPS state, Reset, Download.

Try your navigation app then.
I do this whenever the nav apps do strange things.

maligirl

Reaction score
Still nothing but searching for gps...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DaddyRabbit

Reaction score
I have to use "Enhanced GPS" from settings to get reliable GPS lock. YMMV.

I have heard of issues with GB but have to admit that I had none. Running ADW Launcher when I updated and everything was gold upon completion, same with the Wife's DX.

Don't dig it so much though from a theme standpoint (colors and such). While the launch bar is customizable I think I'll be sticking with ADW for it's theme support.

Other than that, no GB problems here (but not rooted and such).

musclemilk

Reaction score
How do I get led to work again?

Also what's up with gps just searching?

Any help. Would be much appreciated

Sent from my DROIDX

Natey2

Reaction score
After a recent Google Maps update, I got the infinite "Searching..." msg too.
I used the GPS Status app to reset the GPS, and immediately Google Maps found the satellite.
Maybe Google Maps Navigation module should reset the GPS data if it searches too long for sattelites...

Rocko

Reaction score
Yeah, most have issue no matter how many factory resets, battery pulls and SD card reformats.