Really Hating my X right now...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Had Gingerbread .595 and haven't really had any problems with this phone other than some bugs. I tried to use D2 bootstrapper and it went into bootloop. Battery pull accomplished nothing, so I had to .sbf. I get .588 installed, then .595 and I am having issues. I could not get into stock recovery to wipe data. I try to use D2 bootstrap and it fricken bootloops again. So I have to .sbf again. Now I am just going to stick with Froyo for awhile... even though I hate it compared to GB.

I have never been hard on my phone, or flashed a ton of ROMs. I even stopped using overclock because it made my phone really hot. I have only flashed the Gingerbread rom 3 times? IDK why my phone hates me, but I am kinda pissed right now. If I wasn't locked in and I had an upgrade to burn, I would have a Thunderbolt right now...

Sorry for the rant, its been a bad day...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry man but look at the bright side. Gingerbread is being rolled out as we speak so you will be off froyo in no time

dAi

Reaction score
Sbf back to froyo then download the DROID x bootstrap for froyo.

Download the three files for the 588, remember it's three files to install the 588 through clockwork recovery and that they are in the root of your sdcard.

Once 588 is installed then get the DROID2 bootstrap recovery and boot into recovery.

Every time you go back to clockwork recovery click on wipe cache partition.

The 595 rename it to update.zip and put it on your sdcard and click on apply update.zip from sdcard

Worked for me, good luck.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's basically what I did, minus renaming the .595 leak to update. I have both the X and the 2 bootstrap. My phone the last day has been sucking with glitches requiring battery pulls.

z06mike

Reaction score
Or just use Droid x bootstrapper with debugging off and you're good to go!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

destin246

Reaction score
I'll trade my d2 if u hate it that bad lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
I even stopped using overclock because it made my phone really hot.

It is Heat that ultimately reduces the effective life of electronic components and batteries.

IDK why my phone hates me...

Heat!

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I even stopped using overclock because it made my phone really hot.

It is Heat that ultimately reduces the effective life of electronic components and batteries.

IDK why my phone hates me...

Heat!

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

I actually used overclock for a couple days and even then, I only used it for an hour at a time at the most.

I'm kind of tired of Motorola products in general.

I hated the closed source of my ipod touch, so I jailbroke it. I used that thing all the time before I got my X, and reliability it can't be beat. The Apple software sucked.
Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:
J

JriderG

You are putting leaked software on your phone. What is there to hate. I've never had a problem with my x.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, the leaked software was just one of the most recent issues I have had. My first phone never was even rooted and was bad almost out of the box. This one has plagued me with signal issues and more.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The fun keeps on going. The 2-3 Shift Solenoid in my truck went out today and all I have is second and reverse.

Sent from my DROIDX

z06mike

Reaction score
Dang! When it rains it pours.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk