Flash player

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How can i get flash player 10 on my 2.1 device please help

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App
Short answer: You cant.
Longer answer: Eclair (2.1) does not support Flash. The Eris has a "Flash lite" type player installed, but it isn't good for much. IF (and that's a big if ) FroYo ever makes it to the Eris, you might be able to install flash.
Solution: You can try to root and flash a FroYo (2.2) ROM.
Disclaimer: Most FroYo ROMs have bugs, and many have problems running Flash. Adobe recommends a processor running at 800mHz, and the Eris is usually stable to around 750mHz.

PS: You could try to run SkyFire browser, it converts flash (video) and streams it to your phone as a work around.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
If you want flash to play videos theres a browser called xscope that can play any video.

powerhouselb

Reaction score
After installing the Froyo Rom on my Eris, I was able to watch any youtube video I wanted with no problems. Now, it seems I can't use the youtube app to watch videos anymore. Any ideas?

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
After installing the Froyo Rom on my Eris, I was able to watch any youtube video I wanted with no problems. Now, it seems I can't use the youtube app to watch videos anymore. Any ideas?

The youtube app has always sucked. Google has totally revamped its mobile version of youtube and is actually a lot better to just watch youtube through your browser.

K

kbatrph

How can i get flash player 10 on my 2.1 device please help

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App
Short answer: You cant.
Longer answer: Eclair (2.1) does not support Flash. The Eris has a "Flash lite" type player installed, but it isn't good for much. IF (and that's a big if ) FroYo ever makes it to the Eris, you might be able to install flash.
Solution: You can try to root and flash a FroYo (2.2) ROM.
Disclaimer: Most FroYo ROMs have bugs, and many have problems running Flash. Adobe recommends a processor running at 800mHz, and the Eris is usually stable to around 750mHz.

PS: You could try to run SkyFire browser, it converts flash (video) and streams it to your phone as a work around.
i flashed a Froyo rom on my Eris, and the battery lasts about 2 hours MAX.....got rid of that in a hurry

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
After installing tazz froyo I noticed a big increase in battery life, which rom were u using?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score

powerhouselb

Reaction score
The kernel worked wonders for me. However, I wish I'd kept it at v37. v38 is a bit buggier than it predecessor. I wonder if I used that word right. Oh well.
As far as youtube video go, I used the perflock disabler in SetCPU and now it plays the videos just fine. ...So far.

Jerome900

Reaction score
Im running2.4 superclean and when im on ebay it says i need flash player plugin to view. Any thoughts

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
Im running2.4 superclean and when im on ebay it says i need flash player plugin to view. Any thoughts

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Have you checked the market to make sure you have flash player 10.1 installed?

Sent from my Super Clean 2.2 EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Anthony 23

Reaction score
Anytime I try to watch video feeds from my phone it's extremely choppy or simply does not work. Is there a better app then flash player?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums