Fitness Friday App Review: Body Space

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bodyspace-app-thumb.jpg

One of the biggest challenges for me of late has been having a sense of direction when I go to the gym. I will go to the gym thinking should I do legs, shoulders, or chest, only to spend more time trying to decide what exercises to do when I get there. I know I am not the only one with this issue as I have seen people do the same wasting 15+ mins trying to figure out what they want to do. They will start one exercise only to not feel like continuing it and move on to something else.

Recently I installed Body Space which is essentially the app version of Bodybuilding.com designed to help you keep track of your workout plan selected. Once you set a profile on Bodybuilding you can choose from a number of plans (many of them 12 weeks) and those plans are tracked through your app. What is even better is that you can link your plan with your calendar app ,ie Google or Sunrise (I recommend Sunrise), and you will get a reminder of what you are doing that day such as cardio, arms, etc. The app is also set up beautifully for lifters as it provides the workout as well as a quick design for you to input reps and weight without wasting time. Speaking of time, there is a rest timer in between so you can keep up with how much time you spend lollygagging in between sets.

I wish they would allow the option to adjust days, example is if a buddy wanted to do arms on Friday but my plan calls for it on Wednesday it would be nice to be able to switch those days around. There may be a way but so far I have not found it yet. But overall I really like this app especially if you are one who are wanting to take the guess work out of the gym. I can not tell you how much time I have saved going there with a plan vs without one. Where i would spend 90 minutes in the gym I am now doing the same amount of work in 30 - 45 minutes, and most of that is because I am not taking long rest break but averaging 12-30 seconds.

So if I had to give this app a score I would have to say it is a 84/100. The interface is easy to use, you are not wasting valuable time fiddling with your phone, and it practically provide you with a direction for that day. I would like them to expand this app to include a nutrition plan as well as a set up to input your own plan. But other than that I see this app as a nice tool to keep in your gym bag. So check it out as it is free on the app store, the plans are free, and signing up on bodybuilder is free.

Reactions: cr6
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

TeamAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
For the last few years, I've been using an app called "JEFIT" for weightlifting. I like it a lot; it has its quirks like any other app but definitely worth trying it out. I'll have to check out Body Space too.