First Few Nexus 6 Camera Shots Hit the Web

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is disheartening. I thought i had settled on the Nexus 6, but now looking at these pictures, I feel the Note 4 has pulled back into the top contender spot.

Yeah you are going to have your trade offs. If you want a better camera experience the note 4 is the way to go. If you want a fully unlocked phone, clean software (no bloat), and quick updates the nexus will be the way to go. If large phones are not your thing then neither will be your choice.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
It took me a while but i have warmed up to phablet phones over the last year. I think i am gonna wait a few months before i pull the trigger and buy anything. Probably looking at January. More pics and a thorough review should be released by that time.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Those are terrible. This would be a deal killer for me.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
But they are by today's standards. It's also the main reason I skipped on the M8.

It's all good if you don't particularly care whether a great camera is on board or not. For me though I will not buy a phone with a camera that isn't meeting my personal expectations. My phone has essentially replaced my stand alone camera.

After my experience with the S2, S3, S4, Note 1 and 2 and the i3, 3G, i4, and i4S having cameras that disappointed me I will not settle for less.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
But they are by today's standards. It's also the main reason I skipped on the M8.

It's all good if you don't particularly care whether a great camera is on board or not. For me though I will not buy a phone with a camera that isn't meeting my personal expectations. My phone has essentially replaced my stand alone camera.

After my experience with the S2, S3, S4, Note 1 and 2 and the i3, 3G, i4, and i4S having cameras that disappointed me I will not settle for less.
Agreed. For a flagship device, those images are lacking.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't know about rest of you, but I've replaced several Motorola phones due to problems with camera. Starting with droid x all the way up to droid maxx all had hardware failures, not even going to mention the software or picture quality. Reason why I pay lots of attention to any kind of camera improvements in Motorola phones.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Jesus people, there're not terrible and they don't suck. There're not IPhone/Samsung quality but there're ok.
you're telling me that last one is good enough? I've had phones two years ago that took better pictures than that... hopefully it's just a software issue or the user taking the pictures...

I'm definitely not interested in the nexus 6, or any nexus device for that matter until they give me an SD card slot, I don't have a 64gb sd card for nothing. I get they want us to use their cloud storage etc, it's just frustrating that it's not even an option, and at $700+ this phone should make my dinner and take amazing pictures as well as give me an SD card slot.

that's just how I feel.

sapino

Banned
Reaction score
good camera but far far away from the CMOS Exmor RS of the Xperia Z3 (equivalent to that found on a compact like the Sony HX50V)

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Wow, they do suck. Open a pic and zoom in just a bit, blurry, blurry.