AT&T Confirms Pre-Orders for the Google Nexus 6 Start Tomorrow (Wednesday Nov. 12th)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus6-floating-white-angled.jpeg

It looks like all the rumors about the Motorola-made Google Nexus 6 coming on November 12th are at least partially true. AT&T confirmed that they will start preorders for the device on that date. They didn't reveal when the phone would start shipping but at least the preorders will start tomorrow. Here's a quote from AT&T's presser,

“The Nexus 6 with Android 5.0 Lollipop is the first Nexus device to join AT&T’s leading device portfolio,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president – Mobile Devices, AT&T. “The power of the nation’s most reliable network, covering more than 300 million Americans, paired with the collective innovation from Google and Motorola make this device a winning combination for AT&T customers.”

“We're excited to collaborate with Motorola and AT&T to introduce customers nationwide to Nexus 6 with Android 5.0, Lollipop, Google’s biggest software release yet,” said Hiroshi Lockheimer, VP, Engineering for Android.

Designed by Google and Motorola,you can now enjoy a larger smartphone from Nexus, equipped with a 6-inch Quad High Definition display, a 3220mAh battery and a 13MP rear-facing camera. Additional key features include:

• Best of Google: Shipping with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Nexus 6 gives you the latest Android updates from Google. This means you’ll have the newest version of Android to enjoy the latest features and enhancements including a new Material Design aesthetic, where colors are bold, animations are fluid, and shapes are richly textured. Heads-up alerts notify you of calls and messages and allow you to act on, or dismiss, them without interrupting what you’re doing. Easily switch back and forth between Chrome tabs and apps such as email and music to browse the mobile web more easily.
  • More Doing, Less Charging: Android 5.0 Lollipop provides you with power-saving features to get the most out of your battery based on your personal usage. Equipped with a large 3220mAh battery, the Nexus 6 enables you to go longer and charge quicker. Charging is lightning fast, allowing you to quickly boost your battery life by 6 hours with only 15 minutes of charge time.8
  • More Epic Shots: Capture almost any moment with Nexus 6, which is outfitted with a 13MP rear-facing camera with Optical Image Stabilization, a dual LED ring flash and a 2MP front-facing camera. Using HDR+, the pre-installed Google Camera allows you to take photos effortlessly.
  • Immersive Stereo Sound: Nexus 6 comes with dual front-facing stereo speakers that provide immersive sound, giving you a great audio experience for movies, music and games.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Would like some feedback from At&t folks here, which way are you going to be buying this thing? I am on their latest family plan without a contract for 3 lines, paying $165 after tax with 10GB of data.

If I sign a new 2 year contract and buy the phone for $249, I lose the $25 discount on my line. Whereas if I do one of the Next plans, I keep the discount but have to pay at least $22 a month for X number of months.

Anyone doing a Next plan? I can't see paying for a phone for 12/18/24 months, just to turn it in to them. I would probably keep it until paid off no? But then you end up paying more than full retail for the phone, just over time.

"You can get the Nexus 6 in Midnight Blue for $0 down with AT&T Next for $22.77per month with AT&T Next 24, $28.46 per month with AT&T Next 18 or $34.15 per month with AT&T Next 12. You can also purchase Nexus 6 for $249.99 with a two-year agreement4 or $682.99 with no annual commitment."

If you do the Next 24, that is $22.77 a month for 30 months = $683.10, plus you still have to cover the tax of the full retail of $682.99 which is $56.35 here in Austin, TX. So total of $739.45. About $67 more than retail. However, if you factor in the $25 a month less you would be paying on your line staying on the next plan, that is $750 over the 30 months.

So that pays for the phone over going with a 2 year contract and paying $249 for the phone and losing the $25 line discount? Thoughts on this?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm on att and I'm going right across the street to T-Mobile to buy my nexus 6. And will put it on my plan with my insurance.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unofficial: Verizon will be doing preorders tomorrow as well for both 32 and 64 gig model. Will have to wait until then to determine the legitimacy of the rep.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Alright, forgive my chicken scratch here, I forgot to add the tax back in for my original full retail.

4393fa9f9105f6e4296b36991d74095f.jpg

Looks like full retail and paying for the phone fully through the next are the same price.

Two year agreement will end up costing more.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Alright, forgive my chicken scratch here, I forgot to add the tax back in for my original post on the full retail.
I'm on att and I'm going right across the street to T-Mobile to buy my nexus 6. And will put it on my plan with my insurance.

So just paying full retail up front and enjoying life. :)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

I'm hearing you won't be able to buy at t-mobile without contract with them..

M8 tap'd

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm not what I was told. Plus T-Mobile don't do contracts. I was told to come back tomorrow so I'll let you know for sure then.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Now I will be up all night refreshing the At&t page as to not miss when they go up and sell out in 10 minutes.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am betting I walk out with one purchased.... Preordered as I have an ace in the hole.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you talking about buying it outright at T-Mobile to use on AT&T?

S5 tap'n
Yes, like I said I have an ace in the hole :).... Or I think. We will find out tomorrow.