First Few Nexus 6 Camera Shots Hit the Web

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
N6-camera.jpg

Here are the first four camera shots supposedly taken by the new Motorola Nexus 6. They aren't really very impressive, but that might be the photographer's fault more than the camera. Even though the images are rather bland, we do at least get to see a large amount of clarity in some parts of them.

Google's marketing page for the phone indicate the following about the camera in the Nexus 6:

“An f2.0 lens and 13 megapixel camera with optical image stabilization capture great photos in daylight and low light. Using advanced computational photography technology and HDR+, the pre-installed Google Camera does the heavy lifting so you can effortlessly take great photos."

What do you think? Do these images live up to those statements? You can see all four pics in the thread below.

Source: BGR

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are those four Nexus 6 camera shots:

nexus-6-camera-sample-1.jpg

nexus-6-camera-sample-2.jpg

nexus-6-camera-sample-3.jpg

nexus-6-camera-sample-4.jpg

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm going to reserve judgement until some actual reviews start being posted, but based upon those four shots, it looks like a fairly average camera for a high end device. I'll need to see a lot more of it before picking one up.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Looks OK to me.. I'd like to see some low light shots.. But the camera isn't a huge point for me... Never has been.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks OK to me.. I'd like to see some low light shots.. But the camera isn't a huge point for me... Never has been.

Exactly as Moto X2 has shown to be weak in the area of low light shots. I was already buying this phone regardless of camera but if it at least has a camera on par with my nexus 5 (or slightly better) it is a big win for me.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
waterproof? but it is sony z3 style waterproof where I can shower with it.

this phone looks beautiful, however no official IP ratings and no SD card... gonna keep my eyes on the reviews however I'm thinking for me it's either the GN4 or the Z3v

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
waterproof? but it is sony z3 style waterproof where I can shower with it.

this phone looks beautiful, however no official IP ratings and no SD card... gonna keep my eyes on the reviews however I'm thinking for me it's either the GN4 or the Z3v

It's water resistant, not waterproof. It's a far cry from the Z3 or even the S5 when it comes to that.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
looks ok. not blown away or even impressed . i hope turbo does a little better. moto need to figure out MP are not everything.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Yup I noticed it also. Low light = high noise like all moto cameras.
This is disheartening. I thought i had settled on the Nexus 6, but now looking at these pictures, I feel the Note 4 has pulled back into the top contender spot.