Firmware update oddity behavior

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt Battery Discussions' started by inversesrevni, May 22, 2011.

1. inversesrevni

inversesrevni New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I received a firmware update that a Verizon rep said was meant to improve batt life and it seemed to do this but now the phone mysteriously toggles the data flow into my phone on and off in a manner not in sync with the use of data with regular use. Is there a remedy to this peeve or is it simply a byproduct of battery management in the firmware update?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

2. Technoman

Technoman Member

Ratings:
    +0

That must have been the update that was released a while back as there has been no notifications of a new update.

3. inversesrevni

inversesrevni New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've only recently obtained a tb and it updated immediately and thus I assumed it was a previous update as well. What I didn't anticipate was the erratic toggle between data flow and no data flow with regular use, say browsing YouTube and randomly my 3g/4g radio signal magically and abruptly cuts off and reconnects upon 1) not moving around, 2) not rooted 3) and not using any sort of market toggles for radio connectivity (they aren't even real toggle they just give you ez access to an already existing menu). I mean is that normal? Is it just an anomaly in 4g or 3g network saturation in my area? I'm stumped b/c I'm convinced this is not normal radio behavior for a phone like the tb so soon after an old firmware update.

Search tags for this page

htc thunderbolt erratic behavior