Find download history

wendyweakleyj

Reaction score
One of my kids is downloading free apps then deleting them afterwards. How can I tell what they downloaded?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of my kids is downloading free apps then deleting them afterwards. How can I tell what they downloaded?

I started to say set a pattern lock on the phone then I realized that this may be the kids phone.

On some apps you can find traces of them even after they are deleted on the SD card. But quite honestly access to the Android Market does expose them to many adult apps.

I'd probably get them a different phone. Unless this is your phone, then use the pattern lock to keep them out.

OP
W

wendyweakleyj

Reaction score
How?

Hook:

How do I check this: On some apps you can find traces of them even after they are deleted on the SD card.

How do I install a pattern lock?

Thanks for your help!

OP
W

wendyweakleyj

Reaction score
So I download Astro File Manager on the phone where the kids keep deleting downloads and it will show me what they deleted? You mentioned the SD card earlier. Can I vew the deleted files via the card?

billyidle

Reaction score
How did you know they are downloading free programs in the first place?
If the child is too young that you are worried what they are being exposed to, why are they being left alone with the phone in the first place?
No software is going to replace a parent's strict monitoring, ever.

Last edited:
OP
W

wendyweakleyj

Reaction score
Not looking for parenting advice, just technical suggestions. I found out they were downloading when I picked up the phone in the middle of a download. They told me they were erasing post download.