Finally S-OFF for the HTC Rezound!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;msj9kSaJhZs]http://youtu.be/msj9kSaJhZs[/video]

For those of you that did not know with S-OFF you are able to flash new Kernels which can improve battery life and cell reception! The Rezound has had an unlocked bootloader for a while which allowed for a custom recovery for flashing Roms and Mods but with S-On it was still impossible to flash new Kernels. The method for gaining S-OFF is not incredibly simple, but very much worth the effort to have a truely modifiable device! The instructions include running a program and doing a "wire trick". Like I said not the simplest method, but you should be good to go if you are ok at reading and following directions!

More info and directions via XDA

jerkwad

Reaction score
anyone wanna buy my RAZR? lol i think it's time to finally end this "love affair" with motorola and pick up a rezound, off-contract of course. What a great find for the Rezound owners - this is going to open up a lot of doors for people - looking forward to the new kernels and stories of 2x battery life!

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
combatmedic870 said:
LOL....thats a little ghetto...

If by ghetto you mean TOTALLY AWESOME !, then yes I'd say its very much ghetto!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is not enough people will do this to make it worthwhile for developers to do much with.

I don't understand all the technical details, but someone else said the RIL is the issue, anyway. I'm still simply rooted running 2.3 stock and performance is great. Going to go with senseless 4.03 at some point when I get motivated. But in all honesty I did a lot of flashing and tweaking on the D1, and wondered if I'd miss it when I traded in the Nexus for the Rezound. Nope, that was all a pretty big waste of time.