Finally have my Revolution

stinkyjak

Reaction score
Please help... LG Revolution vs Samsung Droid Charge
Can someone please break down the ups and downs of the LG Revolution vs Samsung Droid Charge, what device they like better and why?

Where is the Rev better. Where is the Charge better.

How much better is the Charge's display over the Rev?

Do the 900 benchmark scores of the Charge really fall that far behind the 2000 scores of the Rev?

Can the Bing apps be removed without breaking the phone?

Is the Charge DLNA certified and does it matter?

Is the Charge bootloader unlocked?

Does the charge have the same 3.5-millimeter audio jack as the Rev?

If I wanted to phone to watch movies, steam movies to TV over HDMI, play games and text what phone would you chose between the two?

~I have three hours to make a decision, thanks for your help.

AstroBoy

Reaction score
Please help... LG Revolution vs Samsung Droid Charge
Can someone please break down the ups and downs of the LG Revolution vs Samsung Droid Charge, what device they like better and why?

Where is the Rev better. Where is the Charge better.

How much better is the Charge's display over the Rev?

Do the 900 benchmark scores of the Charge really fall that far behind the 2000 scores of the Rev?

Can the Bing apps be removed without breaking the phone?

Is the Charge DLNA certified and does it matter?

Is the Charge bootloader unlocked?

Does the charge have the same 3.5-millimeter audio jack as the Rev?

If I wanted to phone to watch movies, steam movies to TV over HDMI, play games and text what phone would you chose between the two?

~I have three hours to make a decision, thanks for your help.

Why so short a time period?

Anyway, here is my reasoning in Choosing the LG over the Charge or TB.

Unlocked bootloader (although there does not seem to be much going on in this area yet)
HDMI out + DNLA
Screen almost as good as the Charge and better than the TB
Seems to have less problems than the TB (battery reboots etc..)
Better benchmarks
Better interface (YMMV)
Charge has a much better camera than either of the the other two, but I liked the quality of the Revo's images better than the TB even though it is 5mp vs 8mp. There is alot of confusion around megapixles and image quality. More is not always better.

I also preferred the LG's form factor/style better than the Charges'. The Charge seems too flimsy and I hated where the buttons were on the Charge. Again this is an area open for personal opinion.

devinhfox

Reaction score
I don't like the button position on the charge. Too low, cramps my finger.
Other people love it though.
I like the basic look/feel of the revo . The capacitive buttons nice.
Since i started with droid i think i am most comfy with that setup.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

blazednova

Reaction score
Oh btw great photo's so another item to shut the whiners up about, complaining that its only 5MP, really it must have a better sensor than HTC's ThunderBolt since every photo I took with mine was crappy.

*(Sorry this is off topic)*
really? i have found my thunderbolts camera to be beyond amazing in almost every category.

devinhfox

Reaction score
Oh btw great photo's so another item to shut the whiners up about, complaining that its only 5MP, really it must have a better sensor than HTC's ThunderBolt since every photo I took with mine was crappy.

*(Sorry this is off topic)*
really? i have found my thunderbolts camera to be beyond amazing in almost every category.

Hyperbole ?
Come on man.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

Revolutionizer

Reaction score
So, I finally have my hands on my new LG Revolution and while there is a lot to love (Netflix and 4g LTE FTW!), there is a lot that needs to change lol. For starters, it comes pre loaded with the VZ Navigator, not bad if you feel like spending an extra $10/mo for what Google is willing to give you for free. Additionally it comes loaded with tons of crap applications, demos and advertisements which cannot be removed.

Overall the phone is fantastic, Netflix is clear, fast and crisp, input with either the LG keypad or Swype is accurate.

On the To-Do list:

1) Root this thing
2) Find an Otterbox (so far only the holster case was available at Verizon).
3) ????
4) Profit!

Holster works like a champ! and it actually fits in my pocket, vs the Droid X with my otter box which didn't..