LG Revolution vs Charge vs Incredible 2

EvilJ

Reaction score
One question I have not seen answered.. does the LG do voice and data at the same time? And if so does it do it in 4g and 3g areas like the TB? Not a necessity but comes in handy sometimes

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I just tried, and it wouldn't allow it. My guess is no. And I'm in a 3g area.

OP
G

GunnerJim

Reaction score
No the LG Revo at this time (in a 4G area only) can only do Voice (with 3G EVDO/RTT Radio) and Data (using 4G LTE Radio) at the same time.

It is not like the the TB which can do 3G Voice and Data using its SVDO radio or it can do like the Revo does in a 4G network area listed above, same process. Eventually the LG Revo will be able to do both Data and Voice over 4G, using its VoLTE Chip technology, something the TB cannot do or will not be able to do. By the time VZW phases out 3G, these phones will all be dead and gone... So IMO, I do not believe you have to have a VoLTE phone right now.

WillFCDroid

Reaction score
I was surprised the other day. I was on the phone with my wife, and was able to look up an address for her while on the phone. I'm in a strong 4G area, so that's a bonus. It won't work over 3G, but I've gotten so used to not having data while on a call, that it doesn't matter that much to me. Still nice when it works.

EvilJ

Reaction score
I had att from the time 3g rolled out and I only used data and voice at the same once or twice. I think its nice to have the choice but I don't really think that's a deal breaker with people anymore.

Back on topic, the UI on the Revolution is starting to grow on me. I like the collapsing categories. This is way more efficient than the Motorola UI and the Samsung UI on my Galaxy Tab.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums