Finally have my Revolution

mattvct

Reaction score
So, I finally have my hands on my new LG Revolution and while there is a lot to love (Netflix and 4g LTE FTW!), there is a lot that needs to change lol. For starters, it comes pre loaded with the VZ Navigator, not bad if you feel like spending an extra $10/mo for what Google is willing to give you for free. Additionally it comes loaded with tons of crap applications, demos and advertisements which cannot be removed.

Overall the phone is fantastic, Netflix is clear, fast and crisp, input with either the LG keypad or Swype is accurate.

On the To-Do list:

1) Root this thing
2) Find an Otterbox (so far only the holster case was available at Verizon).
3) ????
4) Profit!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hows the battery life

OP
M

mattvct

Reaction score
Just got it two hours ago and have been copying files the whole time so not too sure. I always have two batteries for any phone and work on an ambulance with power outlets, so it's not really a major concern for me. I'll try to post back when I get a chance to evaluate it though.

fundo51

Reaction score
Just got home with mine loved it out of the box. launcher is quick has some nice features but seems to slow down pretty quick. can't comment on battery life just yet still charging it up. Phone is fast but alot of force closes already. Just a little heavier than my DX. Email app keeps crashing if i add more than one account also dosent have stock news and weather or power widgets.

AstroBoy

Reaction score
Can someone post some pics taken with the camera? I'm interested in how the images look in comparison to the Charge and TB.

Also I'm curious about the bootloader. Is it unlocked? Has anyone tried rooting this yet?

I don't know much about rooting a phone but I'm interested in learning.

fundo51

Reaction score
Camera looks pretty good snapped a few if anyone wants to see. was worried about going from an 8mp to a 5mp but seems good.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I got mine today at lunch, haven't had much time with it, battery was pretty much dead when I got it, but the screen is sharp, bright display. Boy Genius Report "hands on" was a joke to read, bashed it up and down with no proof or substance. Claimed the display was dull and pixelated, NOT true.

Now there is a fair bit of bloatware so I am looking forward to getting it rooted and taking the crapware off, that should free up another 300+MB of space. Its snappy, UI is very responsive and not heavy at all.

I thought the LG Revo came with the ability to use the LG wireless charger out of the box, at least that is how I have been reading it. Well you need a different battery door and of course there is no way to know IF that new battery door will fit into any of the cases. I just don't get the where LG went on this one. Put the door in, it will get you the sales for the $69 charger. My guess is Verizon wanted the $29 add on for the door and the $69 for the charger. Typical Verizon GREED.

Raptor007

Reaction score
Oh btw great photo's so another item to shut the whiners up about, complaining that its only 5MP, really it must have a better sensor than HTC's ThunderBolt since every photo I took with mine was crappy.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
battery life depends on what youre doing...

try running a playstation emulator and see how long it takes to go from full to 15%...I can manage 3-4 hours TOPS (depending on the complexity of the game) with the bp7x extended battery. I know this isnt the D2G section, but Im just saying.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Well yeah, I use my phone for the occasional phone call, and I use it for twitter, Facebook, engadget, the web browser,and the various forum apps. I don't really play any games. I think getting 8-10 hours is pretty damn good on 4g if you ask me

Sent from my LG Revolution

devinhfox

Reaction score
battery life depends on what youre doing...

try running a playstation emulator and see how long it takes to go from full to 15%...I can manage 3-4 hours TOPS (depending on the complexity of the game) with the bp7x extended battery. I know this isnt the D2G section, but Im just saying.

Damn, wish I had that kind of time

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk