FINALLY! GSM on DROID 4!!! IT WORKS!

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Hacks' started by vmu, Apr 28, 2012.

1. instinct

instinct New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, my question remains if it's possible to do this once upgraded to ICS, if not, is it possible to downgrade back to GB through a Rom and re-do it that way?

2. pm2gonzales

pm2gonzales New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got this phone, I'm on Rogers Canada network, I have a GSM signal and it shows the connection and network I'm connected to as well as phone number. I can send text messages, but I can't receive them. Although sometimes, takes like 15min or longer and then I get them. I can make phone calls, but I cannot receive them. Anyone go through a similar situation and have a remedy?

Also, I'm on ICS 4.04, .217, running Eclipse ROM. Although I had the same issue on stock ICS. To give more detail, when I call my phone from the house phone, there is like 20 seconds of nothing and then it goes to voice mail.

3. NAHID

NAHID New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT875
    Bro please help me, i did update jellybean 4.1 my Motorola XT875 mobile but I want to back now Previous Gingerbean 2.3.3 version.
    How can back Gingerbean 2.3.3 version. on my mobile.. please help me...
    or Email Me: jahidmax1@gmail.com
    please help me.

4. aiamuzz

aiamuzz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I have a Motorola Droid 4 XT894, It has JellyBean installed onto it.
    When i purchased it it was un locked by the seller to run both GSM and CDMA SIM cards(in INDIA) out of it.

when i received the phone i saw that it had some photographs in it and a few apps already installed, As this was an open box purchase i assumed that the sellers tech team must've tested the phone before shipping which turned out to be the case.

Even before i loaded the SIM i thought i'll start with a fresh clean start. I accessed stock recovery and did a factory reset.

To my unfortunate event the device stopped detecting the SIM card, the seller has promised to unlock it once again, but i want to try to have it unlocked with your help to save the hassles of shipping it back to the seller.

As per the OP i installed motorola drivers and Radiocomm Ver. 11.11.11 to see the NV strings if it was in a unlock state or in a locked state going by the 16 digits listed on the OP. As i am using Win7 VM ... i am unable to check the NV strings.

Is there any other way i can verify the NV string and its 16 digits for its current state ?

Moreover Can i attempt to flash the Unlock zip file, currently my device has safestrap installed, can i uninstall and install Droid Bootstrap recovery as per the OP and try flashing the unlock zip ?
    Can i do that even on Jellybean or those set of instructions are only for GingerBread ?

If anybody can answer what type of unlocking was done by my seller that got scraped off when a factory reset was performed on the device, i assume i'll be that much closer to the unlocking solution ... duly with all your help.

Any or all help appreciated.

thanks for looking.

Search tags for this page

droid 4 gsm

droid 4 gsm unlock
droid 4 gsm unlocked
droid 4 unlocked
droid 4 unlocked gsm
droid4 gsm
motorola droid 4 gsm
motorola droid 4 unlocked gsm
unlock droid 4