Finally a Droid X Owner, It Took Some Effort...

aga11ah

Reaction score
so.. late August I decided to get a Droid at my local verizon store. they were of course out of Droid X's, so I was like fine.. I'll stick with the Droid 2 and just get a X when it comes in before my 30 days and pay the restocking fee... flash forward 20+ days and I'm noticing there's no Droid X's coming soon (unless I gave them back my Droid 2 and went with a crappy phone for a few weeks... which I wasn't going to do)....

I call up a few wal-marts, most don't have it but one has plenty of them. so I take my Droid 2 back to the Verizon store and cancel my account. get refunded and everything... head to Wal-Mart and sure enough, the Verizon rep just left an hour prior. (it was yesterday, sunday so yeah.. bad day to go)... so I'm like WTF.. am I ever gonna get this thing? lol...

I go back this morning, and they say Verizon never cancelled my account out... so I'm :icon_evil:.. but all I ended up having to do was calling up Verizon and they got it deactivated after a long wait... anyways... FINALLY. after a month of hoping they'd land in stock and not being able to get one.. I'm finally a Droid X owner. it feels good. I love it.

and for those asking why didn't I just keep my Droid 2... my answer is that since I'm gonna be in a 2 year contract.. I might as well have the phone I really WANT. and I wanted the X from day 1.. it's just hard as hell to get.

dancedroid

Reaction score
I got one for ya....

Was a 2 year LG Dare owner. (loved that phone)

Two days after my new every 2 contract ran out... I was no longer able to charge it. (the little circuit board thingy broke)

Now... I was waiting and waiting for the Droid 2 to come out so I could compare it to the X and decide which phone I really wanted. (for the NEXT 2 years)
I was hot on the Droid 2 with all the hype and friends talking their spiels.

Finally in August the D2 comes out.. so I drive to the nearest Verizon store to compare.

I was in there for nearly and hour and a half. :icon_eek:
I couldn't decide. Play with one... play with the other.... play with the other one...
This went on for.... well, and hour and a half. Droid 2 then Droid X LOL

They had the Droid 2 in stock, but of course, no X.
I walked out of the store with my old LG clamshell in my pocket that I had activated after the Dare took a crap.

I went home and ordered the X online (Aug 16th)
I had the new every 2 $50 dicount and I was talking to the online live help.
They were very cool and even gave me an online code for his session for an additional 15% off.

Making my total $134.99.

Tom Petty said it best. The waiting is the hardest part!
It arrived at the Fedex office on the 30th and I drove there IMMEDIATELY after work.

I dig it for all the reasons everyone else <cough cough D2 users cough cough> hate it. The screen is huge!!

I use this phone more for internet use than I do for a phone. Glad I made the right choice. But boy did I have a long 2 month wait. :wacko:

OP
aga11ah

aga11ah

Reaction score
I got one for ya....

Was a 2 year LG Dare owner. (loved that phone)

Two days after my new every 2 contract ran out... I was no longer able to charge it. (the little circuit board thingy broke)

Now... I was waiting and waiting for the Droid 2 to come out so I could compare it to the X and decide which phone I really wanted. (for the NEXT 2 years)
I was hot on the Droid 2 with all the hype and friends talking their spiels.

Finally in August the D2 comes out.. so I drive to the nearest Verizon store to compare.

I was in there for nearly and hour and a half. :icon_eek:
I couldn't decide. Play with one... play with the other.... play with the other one...
This went on for.... well, and hour and a half. Droid 2 then Droid X LOL

They had the Droid 2 in stock, but of course, no X.
I walked out of the store with my old LG clamshell in my pocket that I had activated after the Dare took a crap.

I went home and ordered the X online (Aug 16th)
I had the new every 2 $50 dicount and I was talking to the online live help.
They were very cool and even gave me an online code for his session for an additional 15% off.

Making my total $134.99.

Tom Petty said it best. The waiting is the hardest part!
It arrived at the Fedex office on the 30th and I drove there IMMEDIATELY after work.

I dig it for all the reasons everyone else <cough cough D2 users cough cough> hate it. The screen is huge!!

I use this phone more for internet use than I do for a phone. Glad I made the right choice. But boy did I have a long 2 month wait. :wacko:

haha nice man... I'm not half as patient as you are. lol... yeah the screen is greatness.