Question for Droid X Owners

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cece5702, May 6, 2011.

  1. cece5702

    cece5702 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2011
    Messages:
    927
    Likes Received:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +16
    Its rumored that the X2 will be stores next Thursday, May 12th. I'm new to the Droid X. I've only been sporting this awesome phone for a week today.

    If you have the choice of taking the X back and getting the X2 next Thursday, would you do it? Or would you stick with the X? So far I am loving the X but I'm wondering if I should take it back since I will still be under the 14 day return policy.

    Just want your honest opinions!!!!! Please dont comment about me waiting for the latest greatest 4G or get the Thunderbolt, or Bionic.

    I'm talking specifically about the X and X2 only.

    Thanks. :)
     
  2. rlarson_mn

    rlarson_mn Member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2010
    Messages:
    320
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Droid X and when the Droid X2 comes out I am going to upgrade. My reasons are for additional ram, screen and dual core CPU. The other reason is that 4g is not going to be in my area for 12-24 months so getting a 4g phone like the Bionic does seem cost effective to me. All I need is the best 3G phone available and that's to me the Droid X2.
     
  3. cece5702

    cece5702 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2011
    Messages:
    927
    Likes Received:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for your input :)
     
  4. tgyberg

    tgyberg Silver Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2009
    Messages:
    3,948
    Likes Received:
    301
    Trophy Points:
    198
    Location:
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Ratings:
    +325
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL & C
    Yea, go get the X2! I'll be right behind you!!
     
  5. CD95YJ

    CD95YJ Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2010
    Messages:
    868
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Colorado, USA
    Ratings:
    +1
    If your under the 14 day return policy I say yeah, go for the X2. If you were going to have to pay full retail I'd say stick with the X1

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
     
  6. MrKleen

    MrKleen Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2010
    Messages:
    1,602
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    68
    Ratings:
    +5
    You don't even need to think about this one. Take the X back and wait for the X2!

    You will go crazy reading about other people's new X2's if you don't.
     
  7. cece5702

    cece5702 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2011
    Messages:
    927
    Likes Received:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for all the positive comments. I hope the X2 actually comes out on next Thursday because the deadline for me returning the X is Friday, the 13th. So its all about the timing.

    If the X2 does not come out next week, I will keep the X because I no longer have my Original Droid and I cant go without a phone waiting ont he X2!
     
  8. DoinWorkDaily

    DoinWorkDaily New Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2011
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +0
    dual core? oh man I can't wait till my my contract is up. I wouldn't be surprised to see quad core when I get a new phone lol.
     
  9. cece5702

    cece5702 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2011
    Messages:
    927
    Likes Received:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +16
    Sounds like its going to be really fast! My only concern is that by it being faster, will it drain the battery more quickly? I'm beginning to realize faster is not always better. With my X, I finally got it so the battery does not drain as much. Juice Defender has been a life saver, Lol!
     
  10. BodyBagz

    BodyBagz Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2010
    Messages:
    1,199
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    North Alabama
    Ratings:
    +5
    As others have said, if within the 14 day period, yes, take the DX back and snag the DX2....thats the only way right now I would swap my DX. Well, not really..if Verizon offered me an early upgrade and allowed me to purchase the DX2 for what I originally paid for my DX, then I would jump...that would be $100 and I could still sell my DX for at least $150...so I would no doubt make that play as well...:)
     
  11. cece5702

    cece5702 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2011
    Messages:
    927
    Likes Received:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for your input :)
     
  12. wyld

    wyld Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2011
    Messages:
    531
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +3
    I thought Verizon had a 30 day worry tree? And I have a droidx I would get x2 also 4g is a bit new on handsets for Verizon I've heard they have had a few issues with them and lte going down in the past!

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums