few things that I do not like

kyote

Reaction score
I have had my Rev for about 3 weeks now and really miss a few features of my old phone.
A spell check for one thing. I know this phone has spell check but you have use the predictive text and that drives me crazy. The long press for caps was nice I miss that. I don't like the way my personal ring tones keep changing. I have learned to deal with the short battery life. The call quality of the Rev is very good. For the most part I am liking the Rev I just wish a few things could be changed.

aprilia-ryan

Reaction score
Yea I have the same battery problem, they wanna put this many features in a phone make a battery from stock that handles it. I here ya on the ringtone deal, mine kept changing but has stopped all that. My biggest ***** is the volume isnt good at all.Seems to be very weak on external speaker,ringtones,notifcations, everything...so i use head phones to watch netflix and found a real loud annoying notif sound I culd here while working or in another room.

OP
K

kyote

Reaction score
What is the ringtone that you are using. I have the same problem hearing mine. Another thing and I think it is a Droid problem not with just the Revo the calendar keeps dropping all reminders. If I ever look at an appointment on my phone the reminder is dropped even one that was set up on my pc and igoogle.

aprilia-ryan

Reaction score
I use zedge to look for them, and then use droid as the to play application with choice. I have r2d2 as my notification, nice and loud and kids love it,lol.
My first gen droid had an excellent external speaker, far better than this but tit for tat on specs i guess.

OP
K

kyote

Reaction score
I will have to look for that one. I have been using 8000hz from Zedge. I use ringdroid to edit the length of it. I used the loudest most annoying part, my wife hates it when it goes off, does almost wake the dead. LOL

mylar321

Reaction score
wifi notify doesn't work and...

On my second Revo in 2 weeks... Maybe I got spoiled on the Droidx because I could use talk texting and it worked almost perfectly every time.... but on the Revolution I can say a whole sentence, stop talking and it continues to listen and listen and listen (even if the room I am in is dead silent) then it will pop up gibberish that I didn't even come close to saying or it will throw out a single word, that wasn't even in the sentence I spoke...

What is with this thing changing the words that I have typed in on the virtual keyboard (typing the words in correctly) and it arbitrarily changes it to words I don't even want.... wifi notify never notifies me and when I connect it goes back to 3g all the time, I have to constantly keep an eye on the status bar.... very agrivating.:icon_evil:

OP
K

kyote

Reaction score
Had the same issue with the keyboard I started useing go keyboard app and I like it.

pirahna

Reaction score
wifi notify never notifies me and when I connect it goes back to 3g all the time, I have to constantly keep an eye on the status bar.... very agrivating.:icon_evil:

Same problem here, I want it to always be on wifi at home as the 3g sucks there but it wont ever connect to my wifi unless I turn wifi off and back on again. I do have wifi sleep turned to never, it is very frustrating.

QbFree98

Reaction score
Is there any help or hope for the horrible talk to text with this LG phone?

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums