BB Storm to Revolution

kyote

Reaction score
I have had my Rev for week now and have a love hate relationship with it. This is my second attempt to go Droid the first was with a Fascinate did not take me long to take it back, so the Rev is a big improvement over it at least for me. One of the issues I had with the Fascinate was not being able to dub my music to my radio using the 3.5 mm jack and use BT ear bud at the same time. Well you could if you did not mind unplugging the cable every time you used the phone. Well that problem is fixed with Rev. I have been using the Storm and Storm 2 since they came out and new my way around them pretty good so I am on the learning curve with the Rev and seem to find something new and cool every day. Tons of apps and good call quality, couple of things I am not to sure of though. Why do apps start on their on, I can kill them and they are back running in seconds. The battery life is way shorter than the Storms and it takes forever to charge. Yesterday I was driving for several hours, using my BT, running Pandora or the media player while plugged into a car charger, after several hours I had gained just a few % on battery power. I am doing something wrong with my setting? I am wondering if it is all the apps running?

alershka

Reaction score
Unlike the blackberry, android manages application memory efficiently, closing applications as needed. You don't have to worry about trying to constantly close them.

Read this page to see how andoid manages tasks:

http://androidspin.com/2010/05/25/why-you-dont-need-a-task-killer-app-with-android/

Secondly, what car charger are you using? If you are using an old Blackberry one, it is probably not providing enough amps to stay ahead of the usage. I had the same problem with my droid x. I now use a Scosche reVIVE II Dual USB Car Charger for iPad, which has a 2.1 amp port.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

OP
K

kyote

Reaction score
Sounds like it might help. Thanks for the reply! I think I am using a Rocketfish from BestBuy a universal model. I will get the model # and check the specs for it. Any advice on extending the battery life between charges?

OP
K

kyote

Reaction score
Probably about the same. I am really not running that many that I have loaded.
A media player and a couple of GPS related programs. I also loaded a new mail client. On my Storm I had GPS programs weather apps, browser and a few others. I am starting to get to know my way around the Rev now and starting to enjoy it more. I really did like my Storm it was a true work horse of a phone, the Rev is capable of so much more though. I am sure in time I will love it also, I like it enough now to keep it past the trial period. I am starting on my second week with it now. I had already dropped the Fascinate and gone back to the Storm by now with my last attempt to use a Droid phone.