Few Questions to help on my decision

The Droid King

Reaction score
The following questions will help me decide to get the LG or not

1.) Does google maps work smoothly and is it still free (turn by turn) even though it's not a google phone (example D1,DX Etc)

2.) Can the Revo be rooted to where you can make the Revo a hotspot for free (w/o having to pay for the service through verizon) to connect your laptop, computer, xbox live etc..

3.) Does this phone require a hotmail/msn account to work. (similiar to having to get a google account)

4.) Is there a function to switch from 3g/4g

General question... Is there any way verizon can find out you have rooted your phone to get the 4g hotspot for free and get in trouble/sued.

Thanks a lot!

devinhfox

Reaction score
The following questions will help me decide to get the LG or not

1.) Does google maps work smoothly and is it still free (turn by turn) even though it's not a google phone (example D1,DX Etc)

2.) Can the Revo be rooted to where you can make the Revo a hotspot for free (w/o having to pay for the service through verizon) to connect your laptop, computer, xbox live etc..

3.) Does this phone require a hotmail/msn account to work. (similiar to having to get a google account)

4.) Is there a function to switch from 3g/4g

General question... Is there any way verizon can find out you have rooted your phone to get the 4g hotspot for free and get in trouble/sued.

Thanks a lot!

1.) Works fine
2.) Don't know
3.) No
4.) Yes

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

OP
T

The Droid King

Reaction score
Has the whole 3g/4g gray screen switching been worked out yet?

OP
T

The Droid King

Reaction score
What app/widget do you guys use to avoid this problem? Because I hear ppl having to restart their phone when they switch.

Revolutionizer

Reaction score
Dont be lazy and just let it reboot when you switch, takes less than a minute, and its the way is supposed to be!

OP
T

The Droid King

Reaction score
Dont be lazy and just let it reboot when you switch, takes less than a minute, and its the way is supposed to be!

Has nothing to do with being lazy. I just dont know if its a malfunction or something that can mess up your phone.

Revolutionizer

Reaction score

Has nothing to do with being lazy. I just dont know if its a malfunction or something that can mess up your phone.

Its not, i emailed LG, they said thats the way its supposed to be and that they have no plans to change that.. something about it not being able to change unless there is a reboot.

BTW that freakin spider thing tripped the hell out of me HAHHAHA

wseyller

Reaction score

Its not, i emailed LG, they said thats the way its supposed to be and that they have no plans to change that.. something about it not being able to change unless there is a reboot.

BTW that freakin spider thing tripped the hell out of me HAHHAHA

Halfway through reading your post I noticed the bug crawling around inside my laptop screen. Freaked me out. Right after that i finished reading your post and saw your comment.

CutterStark

Reaction score
Google Maps works fine
I've used Barnacle WiFi Tether on my rooted Revolution and it works
No need for MSN even if using Bing