Fenom and AngelROM issues?

patz2009

Reaction score
I can't be the only one with this problem: On both Fenom 0.9.3 and AngelROM 0.5, I can typically flash the firmwares with no problem. After installing them and keeping the ROMs running for a while, eventually my phone does 3 things that are severely troubling:

a) The Home and Search keys become unusable (they vibrate, but do not function)
b) When I hold my Power button and bring up that menu, the only option available is Power Off, as opposed to having Airplane mode and Silent mode as well.
c) Whenever I have the phone sleep (either through screen timeout or pressing the power button) and wake it back up, it goes straight to my home screen. No "slide to unlock", no pin/password/pattern, nothing.

I had been running Fission for a good while, and if these issues persist, I'll have to return to Fission. All of these are very troubling issues, and I never had this problem with Fission at all, even with the same apps, same setup, etc. Anyone have some insight into this?

keolawills

Reaction score
I can't be the only one with this problem: On both Fenom 0.9.3 and AngelROM 0.5, I can typically flash the firmwares with no problem. After installing them and keeping the ROMs running for a while, eventually my phone does 3 things that are severely troubling:

b) When I hold my Power button and bring up that menu, the only option available is Power Off, as opposed to having Airplane mode and Silent mode as well.
c) Whenever I have the phone sleep (either through screen timeout or pressing the power button) and wake it back up, it goes straight to my home screen. No "slide to unlock", no pin/password/pattern, nothing.

I had been running Fission for a good while, and if these issues persist, I'll have to return to Fission. All of these are very troubling issues, and I never had this problem with Fission at all, even with the same apps, same setup, etc. Anyone have some insight into this?

I haven't had any of those issues with fenom or angelrom. Did you flash from stock or over fission? I sbf'd to stock, updated, and created a stock nandroid to go back to before I flash any new rom. I am sold on angelrom, no problems at all.

sent from my ANGELLIC D2G

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
No issues at all I did the same above shred an updated I.have run both fenuxx an.angel roms fine very well currently working on my own version so just right now running full stock with root

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Odd, havent had any of those. I used to have a and c with liberty and a restart cleared it up. Did you try wipe data/cache when you flashed?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

it says on the left there "droid 2" not global. i dont know if that is why your having problems.

OP
P

patz2009

Reaction score
It's a Droid 2 Global, definitely.

And as far as the rom installation goes, what I did: clear data/cache, install ROM, restore apps using AppBrain and syncing apps. Using Titanium Backup to restore data from a couple apps. I've done the same with Fission with no problems, so this is the only reason I look at the ROMs.

Reaction score
I have bit of a problem now that I have flashed Angel. My p.c. does not register my phone in p.c. mode. Mass storage, no problem. But in p.c. mode I get not folders and even worse RSD does not acknolwedge a connection. Two hours prior to Angel I had no issues sbf'n. Now i am thoroughly fuqqed. Any suggestions other than removing and restoring my drivers for that served nothing.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have bit of a problem now that I have flashed Angel. My p.c. does not register my phone in p.c. mode. Mass storage, no problem. But in p.c. mode I get not folders and even worse RSD does not acknolwedge a connection. Two hours prior to Angel I had no issues sbf'n. Now i am thoroughly fuqqed. Any suggestions other than removing and restoring my drivers for that served nothing.

Try uninstalling rsd and the drivers then reinstalling. It shows up on mine, not sure why it wouldnt on yours. If you still cant then just boot into the bootloader manually (hold up arrow while powering on).

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

First off I dont recall PC Mode ever giving me access to my SD card as if it were a USB device.

Secondly, as for your RSD issue before you uninstall, if I am not to late, try bringing up a command prompt in windows(tpye CMD in the search box in the vista/7 start menu, or start->run on XP) and type adv devices and see if it sees your phone. No? Then proceed..now type adb kill-server and adb start-server right after that. Now type adb start-server. Now type adb devices and see if your phone is listed. If not then you do have PC problems :p