Fast as lightening: Running with my TB

jazzman

Reaction score
I'd really like to start taking my TB with me on runs. There are some apps (e.g. Runkeeper) that I'd like to try out, I can take along my whole music library with Music Beta, listen to Pandora if I get tired of what I own, make an emergency call if needed, etc. But I've got a few things to figure out before I'm comfortable taking my TB out on the road. I wondered if anyone else has experience running with their phone or good suggestions for overcoming some of my concerns (which, I guess, seem to be esentially about protection).

Concern #1: Protection. For normal use, I carry my TB with very minimal protection, using only a Steinheil screen protector. For running, I would want a bit more protection, but I'd like to find something that I can easily put on and take off my TB.

Concern #2: Sweat. Ideally, I'd like to keep the sweat off my TB as much as possible.

Concern #3: How to carry my TB during a run. I love the weighty feel of my TB during normal use, but it might be a little heavier than I'd like for running. I normally run with a small ipod strapped to my bicep, but I'm not sure if this would work for the TB.

Anybody out there a runner who takes your phone along? Anybody take their phone with them for other activities (bicycling, skiing, swimming (jk)? Anybody got good suggestions on a case for active use.

Your thoughts, ideas and suggestions are appreciated. Cheers!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I run with my X. I usually just hold it in my right hand since I hate it bouncing around in my pocket. I use a black silicone case for it, but I haven't dropped it yet while running.

I run on gravel roads with hills.

sent from my ApeX

rich_r

Reaction score
OP
J

jazzman

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the insights. I think I'll check out the armband case and take my TB with me on some runs.

OP
J

jazzman

Reaction score
So, I ordered an iArmband case and have been running with my Thunderbolt for a couple of weeks. I couldn't be more pleased. Thanks again for sharing your experiences and insights.

Cheers!

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
I take mine biking. I have a silicone case and I drop in into my shirts back pocket (road cycling shirt). I just put the silicone case side.against my skin and the screen facing out to avoid sweat on the screen.

I like imapmyrun or MyTracks while I bike. Logs my workout and gives me stats about speed, incline, decline, miles traveled ect.

Sent from my DroidBolt using ThunderForums

luvdabeach2001

Reaction score
My Bolt has a Body Glove case. I want to ride with an armband will it fit in the Iarmband?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
J

jazzman

Reaction score
My Bolt has a Body Glove case. I want to ride with an armband will it fit in the Iarmband?

There's a little bit of room for the Thunderbolt in the iArmband, but not so much that I ever feel like it might fall out. It might work with your body glove case, but it would probably be pretty tight.

Rhino94

Reaction score
When I run I hold my TB in my hand and I have a Motorola sd-10 Bluetooth and it streams music over Bluetooth.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums