1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Playing WMV format movies on a TB

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Tech Support' started by snmemx, Mar 24, 2011.

1. snmemx

snmemx New Member

I've decided to take the plunge and swapped my DX for a TB today...we'll see how it does (on battery) tomorrow after a full day of use.

I swapped my 32gb card from the DX to the TB and found that all the movies I'd ripped to .wmv format won't play on the TB. Does anyone have a suggestion on an app I could use to play .wmv format movies on this beast?

Thanks!
  2. gerg004

gerg004 New Member

I'm sorry to say no suggestion on the movies, but just my two cents on your battery worries. A. You need longer than a day. B. Check out Tips to Help Improve Battery Life, find the ones that work for you and your battery should be just fine :)
  3. snmemx

snmemx New Member

Thanks - I've got a Seidio battery coming tomorrow (not the larger one but slightly more powerful one). I've also tweaked a bunch of the settings...hopefully it'll all work well, and at some point, I'll figure out this movie thing!
  4. ionide

ionide New Member

Have you tried rockplayer?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
  5. snmemx

snmemx New Member

Hadn't heard of it but just downloaded and it works!!! Thanks a bunch. I noticed some delay on the audio vs video, but it seemed to clear out. Looks like a spectacular program.

Thanks again!! :icon_ banana:
Search tags for this page
does htc thunderbolt play wmv file?
my htc thunderbolt wont play .wmv files
thunderbolt and .wmv file
thunderbolt no video when playing .wmv files

thunderbolt play wmv

veideo formats for the htc thunderbolt