False battery remaining

anewday

Reaction score
I just saw the red led flashing so I turned it on and it says less than 5% battery remaining. Then, I turned it off and back on and the screen shows 70% remaining. This freaking bug occurs in 2.0. Why don't they fix this in 2.1 already?? I'm so annoyed with the Droid today!!! :icon_evil:

Gattaca

Reaction score
I've had this problem. Occurs occasionally during heavy usage, but I just reset it. It's a small annoyance imo, but should be fixed of course.

droijo

Reaction score
I've had a similar problem once too. I was browsing online and looking at the indicator when I was done, I knew I had 60% left. I switched the screen off and checked the phone again about 30 minutes later and it had 5% left with red blinking LED. I thought that was odd so I plugged it into the charger. Sure enough, about 10-15 minutes later, the battery showed a 70% charge.

wickedkae

Reaction score
Just had this prob a few minutes ago. It happens every once in a while, just plug it in for a sec and its cool again.

TheRedRat

Reaction score
Been there done that, same fix as above. Agreed, this is a bug and should be fixed.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Known issue. It's talked about probably once a week. You'll see it happen once, maybe twice (I've seen a few people say more but that's not my experience).

Since November it's happened to me one time.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Known issue. It's talked about probably once a week. You'll see it happen once, maybe twice (I've seen a few people say more but that's not my experience).

Since November it's happened to me one time.

And why hasn't Google or Motorola or Verizon or SOMEBODY fixed it???? My God! It's not as if they're busy doing things like churning out o/s updates full of enhancements! And why hasn't Google/Motorola/Verizon contacted you about that time it happened to you in November??? :icon_evil:

As someone in the software industry, I have to conclude that folks who believe an intermittent, occasional bug can be tracked down, especially when it disappears when a phone is rebooted or recharged just don't understand the process.

droijo

Reaction score
Ok quick question then for you guys that have had this problem. Such as in my case, knowing I still had 60% left. Have any of you guys continued using the phone to see if it will still work pass 5% when it shuts off?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok quick question then for you guys that have had this problem. Such as in my case, knowing I still had 60% left. Have any of you guys continued using the phone to see if it will still work pass 5% when it shuts off?

No, because when it happened to me I had no idea what was going on. Just like most everybody else I put it in my charger and came back to it 5 minutes later to see it went from 5% to 100%. And that's impossible to do in 5 minutes. :)

tameone

Reaction score
Hrm, I THOUGHT this happened to me once, but then just figured I was crazy.

I was filming a video and got the 5% battery warning, so I just shut the phone off. About an hour later I turned it back on and battery was at the correct level. Oh well..

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Seems like mine does this about once a month ... really freaked me out the first couple of times because I thought the Droid had been up all night doing who knows what :)

Now it's no biggy ... just plug in the charger, in fact, the last time it did it, it was on the charger. I unplugged the charger and got the 5% warning, plugged the charger back in and it said fully charged (or what ever it says.)

TheRedRat

Reaction score
This has only happened to me once, and I like the others freaked out. I shut it off then back on and all was well at that point. Didn't try, or see the need to charge it until that night as usual. That would be an interesting experiment to see how long the 5% battery would last.