False battery remaining

ritzdude

Reaction score
same battery issue here

My issue started happening in the last week. Had my Droid since February without any major issues until now. With any level between 90 and 60% battery free my Droid will shut down about 4 times a day - sometimes with battery pre-warning, sometimes without. Will generally happen while locked but on occasion while on a call. It's evem happened once while in the media dock. No clues, haven't installed anything new.

dwood

Reaction score
It has happened to me 3 times. The first time I plugged it into the charger for a couple of minutes and the warning went away.

The second time I turned the unit off completely, the warning was gone after rebooting.

The third time I continued to use the Droid for several hours with the red light blinking. Just ignored it. Worked fine. Never turned itself off.

Finally, plugged into a charger for a moment and the warning went away.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
was that a widget giving you the low battery reading?
-because this only happened once when i had battery left installed. the widget said i had 5% left, but when entered the settings and checked, the battery level was showing about 60% i continued to use the phone without charging and all was well after a bit. so i un-installed battery left and havent had an issue since.

relentive

Reaction score
Reserve Possibly.

I've actually talked with Verizon representatives and seen on other sites that some phones support a reserve in the battery. So that you can type in some code (can't remember what) and this will access the reserve that's left on that battery. That could explain why it suddenly shoots back to 70%.

Like I said, I'm not saying this is the case, but it's what I've seen online. Haven't tested the theory myself. Let me know if anyone else knows anything about this.

ritzdude

Reaction score
In my case, the Droid battery icon was "empty" and flashing red the few times I caught it before it shut down. I've uninstalled a few Apps and removed a few Widgets. The first sign of relief was after removing the Facebook updates. Has worked fine today - first time this week.

If all goes well I'll try to reinstall the FB updates to see if that causes the issue to return. If I could remove it completely I would. ;(