Failed ICS OTA update (newest) did a FDR.

ianbio2

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a droid bionic (v. 5.9.905 XT875. verizon) it was rooted a year ago , safestrap, and TB installed. Since then about 6mon. ago I received an OTA putting the phone at current Android version 2.3.4. At that time is when I think the root was rendered inoperable because i noticed TB kept failing backup process. My mistake for not digging into cause at that time and the safestrap got uninstalled out of frustration. Thats my confession.

Moving on to current :
Thought I could re-root the unit using this process I read up on : How to Root the Droid Bionic - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com and went thru Pete's process which failed , suggesting I go thru Un-root process which also failed.

I also attempted to dwnld and install latest version of Safestrap directly from Hash-of- codes onto the phone and failed ....getting a "parsing error"

I then came here and read postings on how to do a FDR safely and performed this : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html which was GREAT tutorial , thank you! But the phone still will not accept the OTA for newest ICS.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Or maybe I should take my lack of technical know-how seriously before I brick the phone ?