Factory resetting Droid X

Keys2bonez

Reaction score
I have a droid X and downloaded a "OTA" update of gingerbread (4.5.588.MB810.Verizon.en.US)

So after installing this I did some reading that this is not the OTA update, can anyone confirm or deny this? I looked everywhere for information and every site everywhere is split 50/50 saying yes its official and no its not.

My next question being. (Yes I have seen that every person says to do research) I looked around, but cannot seem to find a guide (if this is in fact fake) about how to .sbf back to froyo from the version that I have. The guides I did find were not for this specific one.

If all else fails, I can break the phone and just pay the insurance for a new one but would rather just find a fix for this. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance and please excuse me if I ask the same question that has been asked 100 times. I did try looking. I did find this though..

[video=youtube;WMFMNldyrZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFMNldyrZQ&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Droid-X Complete SBF Guide‬‏[/video]

can this be used to go back to stock settings?

leonozug

Reaction score
Follow this one, it's how I learned. It has links for everything you need to.

[video=youtube;c58XaWnr6XE]http://youtu.be/c58XaWnr6XE]YouTube - ‪How To SBF Droid X to full 2.3.340 OS 2.2 Now linked for Droid 2‬‏[/video]

leonozug

Reaction score
You SBF to get back to the stock 2.2.1 settings. After you SBF you do a factory reset. Just follow the steps in the video, and you should be fine. Before you do anything, download the RSD lite 4.9 file and proper moto drivers for the type of computer you have. Very simple and easy to do. After you SBF, your phone will reboot. Sometimes it bootloops and it just keeps doing that. If it does, pull the battery and do the factory reset and you should be fine.

OP
K

Keys2bonez

Reaction score
So there i was staring at my screen, palms all sweaty, wondering if it would work...
And it did.

So this was a great experience for me! Thanks!

Funny thing was, i was sitting here palms all sweaty, but afterwords it feels good to accomplish it!

leonozug

Reaction score
That's what it's all about man. Everyone is nervous of screwing up at first, but you feel good after figuring it all out. It seems complicated at first but after doing the SBF process it's seems simple. Randyrkelly did a good job on that SBF video and it's helped a ton of people, it has like 17000 views! I think a lot of people screw up this process rushing things and not reading up and not looking for these videos. I probably watched this video three times before I attempted my first SBF, just to make sure I knew exactly what to do and not mess up! lol

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I have done many SBFs successfully multiple times. I am back on .340, waiting for GB OTA. How come everytime I go into recovery mode I always have an error "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" at the bottom of the recovery screen?? Does anybody know what the deal is here?

Chimuel

Reaction score
I have done many SBFs successfully multiple times. I am back on .340, waiting for GB OTA. How come everytime I go into recovery mode I always have an error "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" at the bottom of the recovery screen?? Does anybody know what the deal is here?

It means to use the bootstrap (if you have it installed). So it would boot into recovery and install the .zip file that is on your sd card. Basically, don't worry about it.

Also, why are you waiting for them to push the OTA? You can download the official update.zip... just look around these forums.