Factory Reseting

xElektro

Reaction score
Does it harm your phone if you Factory reset multiple times? (noobie question i know but i would like to know). Thanks to anyone who answers:)

Sent from my Rooted DROID3

Last edited:

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
After 5 factory resets the phone goes into a self destruct sequence! ......j/k, It shouldn't cause any problems :biggrin:

SupperDroid

Reaction score
I am rooted and updated with the leaked OTA and debloated plus who knows what else. If I do a factory reset will it work? I would like to start over from new.

IVXX

Reaction score
Factory reset just wipes the data data/data and cache on your phone...rooted or not it should not hurt in anyway. If your rooted you should have a nandroid backup anyway so your safe from almost any dumass move (yep we all make em)
Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
To start from scratch you would need to SBF. Factory reset only wipes user data.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I am rooted and updated with the leaked OTA and debloated plus who knows what else. If I do a factory reset will it work? I would like to start over from new.

A Factory Reset in your case would most likely create a boot loop when you try to setup the phone on first boot. You can not be "debloated" and do a Factory Reset.

As mentioned....a Factory Reset only wipes user data, it does not touch /system....so if you've removed parts of the /system it can create lots of problems (some are needed at setup....and if they are missing.....setup fails...failed setup = non-functioning phone).

As "users" do not have access to /system.....Factory Reset doesn't do anything to it. Rooted users DO have access to /system......which can create problems.