Factory reset

todiefor111

Reaction score
Can i factory reset if im rooted or no cause im having all kinds of problems and just think it may be best to start over..

EbE404

Reaction score
Can i factory reset if im rooted or no cause im having all kinds of problems and just think it may be best to start over..

More info would be helpful, and some clarification about what exactly you mean by "factory reset". If you are talking about going back to unrooted-stock, rooted-stock, or starting over with a complete wipe and a new ROM; there are several threads about this that a search will turn up.

What problems are you having and what ROM are you using?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are rooted and have a custom recovery installed I believe a wipe of Data and Cache and then a reboot would be the way to go, it sounds like you are already prepared to set your device back up if you were contemplating a factory reset, try this first.

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
ok well here are the more details i am on a moto droid i rooted my phone about a week ago using easy root worked fine then i was running bb v.o4. but wanted to go back but on accident instead of restoring my backup i installed the official 2.2 zip which i had did manually awhile back. so now it seems like im in between rooted and nonrooted cause easy root says im rooted but no other of the rooted programs are working for me so im stuck right now..I am running 2.2 frg01b kernal 2.6.32.9-g103d848...please help like i said i dont know if im rooted or not i do have superuser per but nothing is on there and it dont ask anything so i dont know.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you boot into recovery and restore the backup you previously made or did the update.zip you installed remove your recovery image?

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
it was removed i dont even see nandroid in there anymore any ideas on what to do

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it was removed i dont even see nandroid in there anymore any ideas on what to do

So it sounds like you have the stock recovery now, "Easy Root" is problematic from what i've seen. Check the link in my sig. You can revert back to 2.0.1 the flash SPR.sbf and install any rooted Rom you like.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let me find someone who might be able to help you a little bit more effectively, I am away from my computer and there are a few links you need to get, to help solve your issue

EbE404

Reaction score

So it sounds like you have the stock recovery now, "Easy Root" is problematic from what i've seen. Check the link in my sig. You can revert back to 2.0.1 the flash SPR.sbf and install any rooted Rom you like.

Agreed, this sounds like a good suggestion. I've seen several posts from folks who used EasyRoot and are seeing all sorts of odd things, and I haven't found a detailed explanation of what exactly it is doing.

I would agree that the best likely plan of attack here if going to be to go back to stock 2.0.1, or 2.1, flash SPRecovery with RSD and start the whole thing over.

Todiefor111-I didn't mean to sound harsh in my original response, I just wanted to make sure we all had enough info to try to give you good advice. Good luck, let us know if you need more help.

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
only question is i see it says for stock 2.1 and i am 2.2 but not sure rooted or not can i still perform those steps

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
ok thank you i already downloaded the stuff all give it a try tonight and see how it goes if you could pm me so i can save your contact if i have any other questions and thank all of you