Factory reset or alternative method to restore performance?

TechLife

Reaction score
Hey all-

So my Razr M is running like crap. It's so ridiculously slow it's driving me nuts. I've tried deleting apps that were chewing up memory, diabling sync's, etc. and it hasn't seemed to help. It's so bad, the droid sound isn't even right. It just sounds sick. I'd like to maintain root if possible but this thing has gotten to the point that it's almost unusable so I'm not sure I care. I *think* it was after the 98.18.94 update that it got really bad but I can't confirm that had anything to do with it. My bootloader is unlocked. I'm running TWRP. My carrier is Verizon. If there is any additional information I can provide, I'll be happy to. I'm down for whatever. I just want to be able to use my darn phone the way it was intended again.

Thanks in advance.

stemo

Reaction score
Have you tried cleaning your cache? I got an app from the playstore that cleans my cache every 12hrs. It wouldn't hurt to try before FDRing your phone.

OP
T

TechLife

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot and report back. Thanks for the suggestion. I may also have to check out that app you are talking about.

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
I use Clean Master and One Touch cleaner. Don't know why I have two but I do. Keeps it running well.

OP
T

TechLife

Reaction score
I use Clean Master and One Touch cleaner. Don't know why I have two but I do. Keeps it running well.

I'll have to give that a try. I reset the cache in TWRP and it ran pretty well for a few days but then was back to unusable. So I did it again and set a nightly cache wipe in titanium. That makes an unholy mess. After I cleaned up that disaster and disabled titanium wipe, it ran well again...for a few days. Something's got to give before it accidentally falls out of my Jeep on the interstate in the snow in front of a plow. Lol

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Also, make sure you back out of programs or end them so they don't run in the background. The back button is your friend. Yeah....Android OS takes care of this....blah, blah, blah. I always end apps when I'm done using them. And if you just happen to get on Google Earth, it stores an ungodly amount of stuff in it's cache!!!