RSD Lite and Droid Razr M Question.

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Ok so I haven't been able to upgrade to KitKat on my Droid RAZR M running on 98.18.94 because I rooted. Even if I unroot I still can't update my phone. Based on what I've read I understand once you take the 98.18.94 OTA or the 98.30.1 its impossible to downgrade unless you have an unlocked bootloader. But that doesn't answer my question. My question is CAN YOU FLASH THE SAME VERSION YOU ARE ON? My phone runs on 98.18.94 once again. Can I flash 98.30.1 to it?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
My question is CAN YOU FLASH THE SAME VERSION YOU ARE ON? My phone runs on 98.18.94 once again. Can I flash 98.30.1 to it?

I don't understand your question. 98.18.94 and 98.30.1 are not the same versions.

OP
droideddie13

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
I don't understand your question. 98.18.94 and 98.30.1 are not the same versions.

98.18.94 and 98.30.1 are essentially the same. But for some reason Verizon rolled out this OTA with two different build numbers. The reason I want to flash 98.30.1 is because I can't find the fastboot files for 98.18.94. But I found 98.30.1 and it's the same as 98.18.94.

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
this is the same situation as the hd, 2 updates essentially the same except for the signing keys.
there should be no issue flashing the 30 file, if it fails in rsd, edit the getvar lines out of the xml file.

OP
droideddie13

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
this is the same situation as the hd, 2 updates essentially the same except for the signing keys.
there should be no issue flashing the 30 file, if it fails in rsd, edit the getvar lines out of the xml file.

I didn't know you had to remove the getvar lines. Thanks for telling me. I could of ended up bricking my phone without knowing that. Sorry if I sound noob but do I need to do anything else before flashing?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I didn't know you had to remove the getvar lines. Thanks for telling me. I could of ended up bricking my phone without knowing that. Sorry if I sound noob but do I need to do anything else before flashing?

you wont brick if you dont remove the getvar, it will just fail right away.
there is nothing else that that needs to be done.

OP
droideddie13

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
you wont brick if you dont remove the getvar, it will just fail right away.
there is nothing else that that needs to be done.
I am about to flash my phone now. I read other forums and they all said to remove other things as well. When I opened up the xml file for my phone it had only one line with "getvar." But I read you need to remove any lines containing "getvar," "var," and "oem." should i remove these as well? I can't really find anything for the 98.30.1 fastboot files.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I am about to flash my phone now. I read other forums and they all said to remove other things as well. When I opened up the xml file for my phone it had only one line with "getvar." But I read you need to remove any lines containing "getvar," "var," and "oem." should i remove these as well? I can't really find anything for the 98.30.1 fastboot files.

there are other lines that in some situations need to be removed but if you are flashing the same version they can be removed but dont need to be.
im dl the fxz now, ill tell you exactly what to remove in a couple min when the file is done.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

ok, i have to admit, i havent seen the oem line before but ill remove it as you read it needs to go.
one question, do you want to keep your data? i recommend not but will leave it if you wish.

OP
droideddie13

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
ok, i have to admit, i havent seen the oem line before but ill remove it as you read it needs to go.
one question, do you want to keep your data? i recommend not but will leave it if you wish.

I backed up my data such as apps, texts, pictures, etc. I read that you need to remove OEM not on a forum for a RAZR M but for RAZR HD. People were having problems with flashing.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I backed up my data such as apps, texts, pictures, etc. I read that you need to remove OEM not on a forum for a RAZR M but for RAZR HD. People were having problems with flashing.

i have a maxx hd, same software as the hd, and that line is not in there. anyways i removed it, and all the other lines that normal can be removed.
here is the updated file VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC
delete your xml file and put this in its place, dont copy the new file over the old one.

OP
droideddie13

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
i have a maxx hd, same software as the hd, and that line is not in there. anyways i removed it, and all the other lines that normal can be removed.
delete your xml file and put this in its place, dont copy the new file over the old one.

OK thanks I will try it if I am not too scared. If I do flash it will reply back.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
OK thanks I will try it if I am not too scared. If I do flash it will reply back.

the risk is very small, rsd is very testy, if something isnt right it it will normally just fail without harm.

OP
droideddie13

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Sorry but your file will not work. I just flashed my Razr M without removing anything except the line that said "getvar." Few feel relieved now. I literally jumped and started clapping of excitement. The process is so simple and I over-researched a lot of forums. NOTICE TO READERS: DO NOT USE THE UPDATED FILE POSTED HERE. JUST DOWNLOAD YOUR STOCK ROM AND REMOVE THE "GETVAR." Thanks for helping.